2011 FESTIVALS - WHICH ONE??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biddy2101

Reaction score
Hello There,

So now is the time to be thinking about tickets for next years festivals BUT which one to go for?

I popped my festival cherry by going to Glasto in 2009 & loved it, missed out on tickets for it this year & was gutted.

However i do fancy trying something different next year & was thinking about V festival or the Isle of Wight

But i can not see any info about campervan camping on the website for V Festival & the tickets are on sale now - you select your tickets, it gives you the price & asks you for card details & there are no options for Campervan - so i'm reluctant to give any details.

So looked at IOW & a campervan pass was £250 for this year. Is that the price of tickets & camping? As that sounds like a lot just to take your van with you, plus you need to get the ferry, more pennies...

Glasto 2011 will be the last year as there will be no Glasto in 2012 because of the Olympics & i'm thinking that there will be a TOP line up because they are having a break??

Decisions, decisions - which one to be fleeced by!! :lol:

As always your thoughts, opinions & experience welcome.

Biddy

We went to V this year an although we wnet in the car the traffic was unreal. when we finally got in it was another £10 for parking. I know it was another £90 for a van pitch.
TBH the organisation is a bit ropey, but i havent been to other festivals so i dont really know what they are like.

Just leave very very early to avoid traffic for V!

This one's cheap, but then I've never heard of any on the line up!

http://www.farmfestival.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i'll be at the iow again. i think you're right about the cost though, one of the more expensive for campervans. nice festival though.

will also be at vintage festival if it is on again. camping in a classic campervan is cheaper than a modern one there.

Sydney1 said:
This one's cheap, but then I've never heard of any on the line up!

http://www.farmfestival.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my second year this year great little festival bands good nobody famous , a worthy weekend , had its own field for campers nearly all V dubs

I bought tickets for The Reading Festival through Seetickets & there was an option {this year} to buy the campervan ticket at the same time.

I want to introduce my children to Festivals & will look at Latitude as well as Glastonbudget {heard good things about this one & the price certainly appeals more as it'll only be £60 or so wasted if our children, Kirsty {9} & Innes {6} don't like it & we leave early.

I think Im going to try and get Glasto tickets again. It is pricey, but at no point there, or since, did I ever think I hadnt got my moneys worth or did I regret the outlay. Maybe it was a 'honeymoon' experience for me, but Ill try again and see! :)

Were going to try for glastonbury tickets this year. Havent been since the bad floods of 2005 8)

Glastonbury 2010 was awesome....cant wait for tickets to go on sale again.Also had fun at cambridge folk festival and mates went to Lattitude and raved about it

Isle of Wight is a massive rip off for camper van tickets, it's £250 on top of a camping ticket for each person, add on your ferry tickets and it's suddently very costly! We went to the Larmer Tree (http://www.larmertreefestival.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) in the van which was really cool, only 5000 people so it's pretty small but it has a great atmosphere. We also went to Festibelly (http://www.festibelly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which was interesting but it's only a one day event with camping and if I didn't live just down the road I wouldn't really fancy travelling to the New Forest on a bank holiday weekend! Camp Bestival is pretty good but the tickets sell out really quickly, we missed out this year :(

Latest posts