2k paint suppliers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
I may need to get hold of some 2k to freshen up the inside of my bus.
My bus colour is l87 pearl white
Anyone know of a decent supplier ?

shiplee123 said:
I may need to get hold of some 2k to freshen up the inside of my bus.
My bus colour is l87 pearl white
Anyone know of a decent supplier ?

your better of using cellulose mate if your doing it yourself. I got all my paint form Jawell paint in birmingham. They do mail order and at a good price! The do 2k as well as the rest

Thanks daz
I've got a friend who used to work at a local bodyshop. He's left now but he said he would b happy to do a spray job for me using 2k. He's got all the gear!
I wouldn't really wonna be using 2k myself as I haven't got the masks etc.
I'll look up Jawell and have a look at there prices

Thankyou

his website

http://www.jawel.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

his ebay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jawel-Paints?_trksid=p2047675.l2563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's great thanks

I've just had a look , I'm now wondering how much I'm gonna need to spray the inside of my bus on the floor and a few other small areas and the engine bay.

I don't think I need to purchase hardeners cos my mate has got that.

Have a look at Colourweld too. Excellent guys, that's where I got my cellulose from. I used 2.5 lt l90d and 2.5 lt l98y on the outside of my bus. That's 5+ coats of both colours. So I guess 5lt would do the inside and the other bits with a fair bit left.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

2k is the only way to go, a decent 3m filter mask is sufficient with new voc compliant wave of 2k

tonicman said:
2k is the only way to go, a decent 3m filter mask is sufficient with new voc compliant wave of 2k

I wouldn't want to risk that, I would always give it to a pro to spray 2K.

There is a small risk of absorption as well as inhalation. It's why HSE stipulate that all our guys undergo health monitoring with a check up every 2 years.

Moldex make full face masks with disposable filters which are pretty good.

But it's a bit naughty spray painting without filtered extraction so should always be done in a proper booth.

i use a proffessional paint shop for the buses i do now to be fair, but i have sprayed vans in normal garages in 2k with a 3m cartridge mask in the past without issue

Hyper sensitivity is a weird thing, there was a lad working locally been in the trade all his life gradually developed a sensitivity to 2k due to exposure which got gradually worse. Got to the point where even in full overalls and mask he couldn't paint due to flu like symptoms. So what you might think you are getting away with might cause problems further down the line. Because he was freelancing it didn't get flagged on a test, but it makes a good case for why bodyshops should be regulated and only operated by formally trained staff. (Which was one of the discussions I was having with a guy from the NAB today but that's taking things way off topic!)

I've now tyed to ring colourweld twice now. I end up speaking to some lady on the phone but there's no one who can take my order. Keep being promised a call back but no one bothers.
Very annoying as I won't to get some paint ordered and delivered.
Who else can I try for 1969 l87 pearl white 2 k

People take it way too casually when painting,

If nothing else read the case studies at the bottom,

http://www.hse.gov.uk/mvr/bodyshop/isocyanates.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know this is long term exposure but I know I wouldn't take the risk. That's why I paid a bell end painter (that's not saying painters are bell ends, just the one I used! 8) ) to do mine.

Yes your right mate I wouldn't wonna do it. I've done loads of rattle can spraying on small projects in the past but when it comes to the nasty stuff u gotta have the correct equipment

Let me know if you find a good L87 2K paint. A few places I rang were funny about posting paint out for various safety reasons.

A lot of paint shops get their paint from here:

http://www.movac.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok I've just ordered some from alpha paints
He had a look and was happy to supply l87 pearl white 1969
They were happy to deliver
I should get it Friday

shiplee123 said:
I've now tyed to ring colourweld twice now. I end up speaking to some lady on the phone but there's no one who can take my order. Keep being promised a call back but no one bothers.
Very annoying as I won't to get some paint ordered and delivered.
Who else can I try for 1969 l87 pearl white 2 k

Ah, I spoke to a woman once when I rang. She wasn't very helpful but the second time I rang I spoke to a decent guy who was very helpful and threw in 6 tack cloths on my order. Although it was a £300 order.

Latest posts