2ltr in bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickup

Reaction score
I about to fit a 2ltr engine and a 6 rib gear box into my crossover bay, will it just fit in without any mods {except electrics}
Thanks for any replys,

cant comment on the engine as had the 1800 fitted when I got the van, but have not long since fitted a 6 rib gearbox in place of 3 rib. I swopped the clutch housing over one was bolts and the other studs but the pattern was identical and then kept the 1800 starter, not sure if any of that will affect you if you are starting with a matching pair, but if you are short of a 2L starter and have an earlier clutch housing it might be an option. The only problem I had was the six rib seems slightly longer forward so I couldnt get first and third, fixed by taking the rubber gear change rod to gearbox coupling, cutting the rubber out and rebuilding so as to take 5mm out of the gear change rod length. Stuffed all the bits back and stuck it together with silicone which is working, but have a new coupling ready which I intend to rework solid like the splits and fit come summer. Doing it again I will take 4mm out as I've missed 2nd gear twice in the 3 months or so since I did the change

Latest posts