3 people sleeping in a tin top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d chop

Reaction score
Hi , I don't know if any one can help me , I've got a tin top Devon van and the problem I've got is my daughter has got to tall to sleep in the hammock over the front seats do I just thought I would ask what is the best interior to sleep three people in a tin top? Or has any one made one . Any photos would help .
Darren

I have thought about this Topic also as my little one is growing so quick!!
Ive been looking at roof rack tents/Safari style. But they are quite expensive, even second hand.

I do have a very large awning with two double bedrooms (Kyam driveway XC).
But I have to erect it on my own.....

Story of my life at the mo!!! :roll:

Hi , I have a awning that we could sleep in but that was one of the reasons why we got the van as I was fed up with tents ,plus the van is so much more wormer ,or is it I'm getting older . lol

Hi big d chop,
Think I've got it- Just Keep her in the hammock and...

....wind the window down for unlimited sleeping length :lol:

Lemur

how about suspending a net hammock cross corners of the van?
attach it n the rear left corner and the front right corner.

i may be thinking about this whilt reading about nelson and the battle of trafalga tho....
:msn4:

Im probably going to have to say its impossible unless you are all in the same bed. which is weird. So awning or safari tent is the only option.

its not impossible have slpt 4 adults in our old interior, cramped yep, doable yep.
DSCN0129.jpg.html

john the horse said:
its not impossible have slpt 4 adults in our old interior, cramped yep, doable yep.
DSCN0129.jpg

Yeah John Interior was built by Simon @ Interior Motive and was a tin top sleeping 4 adults,

Well worth having a chat:

http://interiormotiveuk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simon is a lovely chap too!

I had similar issues..my 5 year old twins were getting big and itwas geetting cramped
Option 1 , sell van, buywesty with pop top :oops:
Option 2 sell van, buy newer bigger more modern van :?
Option 3 cut hole in roof, fit westy pop top and continental bed...all home brew :lol:
Went for this last option , following bluebays fantastic thread!

.....come on, you know you have considered it : :lol:

Good luck!

ibérico said:
I had similar issues..my 5 year old twins were getting big and itwas geetting cramped
Option 1 , sell van, buywesty with pop top :oops:
Option 2 sell van, buy newer bigger more modern van :?
Option 3 cut hole in roof, fit westy pop top and continental bed...all home brew :lol:
Went for this last option , following bluebays fantastic thread!

.....come on, you know you have considered it : :lol:

Good luck!
Your wright I have considered it but I love tin tops not pop tops, so no hole is being cut in my roof

i would consider something like this myself if facing same issue.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1596891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reezvaan said:
i would consider something like this myself if facing same issue.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1596891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My thoughts almost ^^^^ buy a good awning (if you haven't already got 1) some ear plugs and sleep in there. Kids and missus in the bus you in your winter tog sleeping bag happy as the proverbial pig in shit!! ;)

Is it a walk thru, if so simple solution is put put a single futon mattress on the floor running under the overhang of the rock and roll bed and through the walk through, job done

Graham L said:
Is it a walk thru, if so simple solution is put put a single futon mattress on the floor running under the overhang of the rock and roll bed and through the walk through, job done

I do this in mine when we have guests! or hould i say pissheads who cant be bothered to go home! :lol: 8)

Graham L said:

Yep, I did just that the other year in Ninove, works a treat, eh Graham? ;)

Pete B said:
Graham L said:

Yep, I did just that the other year in Ninove, works a treat, eh Graham? ;)

Absolutely Pete, you were a true gent by sleeping on the floor of your own bus and letting me have the bed :)

Latest posts