356 Wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
I have some 356 replica wheels to fit, but am unsure of what tyres. I bought a set of 15"x5.5" with an ET15

The front will be lowered with 3.5" with dropped spindles - not sure on how to lower the rear yet - maybe horseshoe plates.

Any advice on tyre sizes that will work without fouling and also keep a good rolling circumference on the rear

Thanks guys

Any ideas? Need to get the tyres fitted pretty soon, I'm aware of the load rating's - was thinking of a 185/75/15, 102 load rating. I know it won't look the coolest being quite high profile, but I don't want to loose cruising speed.

My bus is fitted with 356 replicas.

I'm running 195/65s at the rear. It's lowered 2 splines at the rear and the sidewalls are pretty close to the rear arches (2 or 3mm) but I prefer the 195/65s as the overall wheel circumference is as close to the original 14" wheels as you can get and therefore works better for the engine and gearbox.

Also on the front I'm running 195/50.

scamperbus said:
My bus is fitted with 356 replicas.

I'm running 195/65s at the rear. It's lowered 2 splines at the rear and the sidewalls are pretty close to the rear arches (2 or 3mm) but I prefer the 195/65s as the overall wheel circumference is as close to the original 14" wheels as you can get and therefore works better for the engine and gearbox.

Also on the front I'm running 195/50.

Thanks for the reply - any pictures of the wheels on the van?

Latest posts