• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

6 Rib Gearbox

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D@VEY

Reaction score
Fitted 6 Rib box upto the 1776. Big difference on the top end. I'm selling the Bus so the Box and engine will be coming out and sold with a stock unit. Let me know if anyones interested in the box. :)
Asking price £850 ono im not easily offended with offers!! :lol:
Could put on a pallet if you need it posted.

Hi,

Just out of interest, how much might the engine be? Or both as a package/swap for my original engine/box?

I have a stock TP (and box) with new Weber 34 ICT's and Bluebird stainless system, OG HE, i'm tempted to buy/swap another as i need to take mine out for a freshen up, nowt wrong with it, but leaves a little oil spot, pushrod weep i think, good solid engine, no end float, been running in my bus for 5 years no problems at all.

Just a thought thats all. I'm still deciding what to do.....thinking aloud and all that.....

Cheers,

Alistair

Do you know the history on the box? Mileage, ever rebuilt etc?

Might also be interested in the lot at the right price.

89Rallye said:
Do you know the history on the box? Mileage, ever rebuilt etc?

Might also be interested in the lot at the right price.
Hi the box came out of a 2.0l 1978 late Bay millage was showing 80k .
I have drained the fluid a replaced with new and been driving since Bristol Volksfest all good.
Im not looking to sell the Engine just yet as I more than likely going to need it for my new Bus.
But a ball park figure if I did sell pair would be £3500
Thanks

shawn82 said:
Open to offers? ;)
Thats what it says :D

Asking price £850 ono im not easily offended with offers!! :lol:
Could put on a pallet if you need it posted.

I was offered £150 lol

I'm going to busfest in the van and box will not be out before that.
Cheers

Latest posts