67 crewcab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorr2000

Reaction score
Hi had this for about a year now and finaly have it on the road 8) It is as far as im aware the oldest bay crew cab still surviving (built 7th aug 67) and i love it, it came from mark at west coast something,( carol on here friend?) bought on ebay without seeing it :shock: when it arrived i was more than happy, super straight with amazing drop sides and very little rust. however the electrics were a different story and all the rubber stuff and brake stuff was knackerd. It had also had a front clip done at some point but this was done very well and it was just a case of colour matching 30 odd year old paint!! (the paint is not original but very old) also the bloody bulk head had been cut out to make it a walk thru :roll: but mark had already sourced one and it now back in! so i have done lots to it but there is still a helava lot to do but will get there in the end hope you like it.

lauras30thcrewcab070.jpg

lauras30thcrewcab072.jpg

lauras30thcrewcab073.jpg

lauras30thcrewcab076.jpg

lauras30thcrewcab077.jpg

lauras30thcrewcab078.jpg

lauras30thcrewcab080.jpg

Cool, that is really early, thought mine was early @ 30th August! Can't wait to see it on the floor 8)

Ok after finally finishing my extension after 3 years and selling my camper, I can concentrate on my pick up again :) it now has the 1776 in it and goes well , I bought the wheels about 3 years ago and have been waiting to lower it before I put them on
The tyres come last week after a great service from Ant ( thanks dude)
502aeaa0-050e-213c.jpg

And also a box of lowering goodies :)
502aeaa0-0543-e14a.jpg

By the end of the week it will be 3 and a bit inches the right direction , can't wait :)

Ok I have also been fitting deluxe trim, ( I also bought this a long time ago ) this is not easy and needs load of modding to get it to fit and I had to buy two lots to get enough of the long lengths,

502aeaa0-07c8-a3c6.jpg

this is filing down the rubber stops to shape
502aeaa0-0818-661f.jpg

I made some dollys to form new ends
http://img.tapatalk.com/502aeaa
0-0855-4f86.jpg

As cut before
502aeaa0-0885-88ef.jpg

then reformed after
502aeaa0-08b2-9c29.jpg

The rounded end dolly is for the stop ends on the tail gate :)

502aeaa0-08cd-c5d2.jpg

I have stuck on the trim as I don't wanna drill holes in the car as it will not stay on there when it is painted one day

68_early_bay said:
Very nice 8) 8) 8)

thankyou

ive just has my csp shifter arrive from machine 7, I must say :shock: what a service, They send an email to confirm the order,an email to say its in stock and being packed then another email as it leaves them with a delivery date (next day for me) and the consignment number!! other companys should take note THIS is how its done, great piece of mind and stress free
oh and the shifter is awesome quality cant wait to fit it (the garage fit it :lol: )

who? said:
Mmmmmm

I can't wait till the end of the week now!!

How is the front coming down?

I know me too !
t2d, 3 and a half inch drop spinddles with coil overs and adjustable spring plates on the back, hope its ok...

68_early_bay said:
gorr2000 said:
broken down :cry: recovered to garage so more expense...

Nothing major I hope?

me too, I dont think it is, its being running like a bag of shit the last couple of days, then it starting firing on 3 so im hoping a little electrical fault....

68_early_bay said:
gorr2000 said:
wire off the coil :oops: :lol:

Whoops , :shock: :lol: better something silly rather than something major lol

i agree, i dont mind looking stupid if its an easy fix like that :D
there was some track rod ends missing in my stuff that come :cry: so its been delayed :evil:
wish id checked it when it come......

Jobs a goodun then!

I drove back from Nottingham in my bug on three pots when I was young due to the same thing!

If I'd had a torch and not been so young I could have saved myself a lot of bother.

Glad your sorted now dude.

Matt

Latest posts