68 Deluxe - Back to full height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merlydog said:
Oh I don't like the wheel on the front Steve! Be better just having recovery cover and if one blows just wait for that or on a rack I think. I'm in agreement about the racks but they're really good for extra storage space. You could make a 'unique' one of your own with aerodynamics :mrgreen:
Actually got quite a nice chrome rack off the Beetle I could use if it fits, but I don't like the look any more than the front and the mount was already there. :(

And I can't see AA being much help in the middle of the night.

Merlydog said:
Oh I don't like the wheel on the front Steve! Be better just having recovery cover and if one blows just wait for that or on a rack I think. I'm in agreement about the racks but they're really good for extra storage space. You could make a 'unique' one of your own with aerodynamics :mrgreen:

Hi,

IIRC i think the recovery people insist on you carrying some sort of spare?

I quite like them on the front, but also i like roo bars, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone?

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
Merlydog said:

Hi,

I quite like them on the front, but also i like roo bars, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone?

Cheers,

Alistair

just found these on ebay, was thinking the same my spare wheel is inside...my missus said no :|

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251098296590?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aogrady said:
Not exactly... There is no requirement in England to carry any spare of any kind. Heck, you don't even have to have a legally usable spare... until you have to actually put it on the car when it must conform to the usual regulations. However, most [read: probably all] breakdown services do not cover your lack of carrying a spare within your policy - they might help you out but it will be at your extra expense.

From the AA T&Cs
Failure to carry a serviceable spare
Any additional charges resulting from Your failure to carry a legal and serviceable spare wheel
or tyre, except where this is not provided as manufacturers’ standard equipment. The AA will
endeavour to arrange on your behalf, but will not pay for, assistance from a third party;

gvee said:
aogrady said:
Not exactly... There is no requirement in England to carry any spare of any kind. Heck, you don't even have to have a legally usable spare... until you have to actually put it on the car when it must conform to the usual regulations. However, most [read: probably all] breakdown services do not cover your lack of carrying a spare within your policy - they might help you out but it will be at your extra expense.

From the AA T&Cs
Failure to carry a serviceable spare
Any additional charges resulting from Your failure to carry a legal and serviceable spare wheel
or tyre, except where this is not provided as manufacturers’ standard equipment. The AA will
endeavour to arrange on your behalf, but will not pay for, assistance from a third party;
That's fine - I don't have a recovery policy. Saves wondering where you stand at least and it's more of an adventure without a get out of jail free card. :)

CamperJam and a new sun thing...
fullcamping.jpg

After some interesting heavy braking on the M6 in a torrential downpour with only one windscreen wiper I thought I should turn myself once more to safety, so I replaced the found-to-be-leaking front cylinders on one side. Sorted. No pics - far too dull, just thought I'd add some nitty-gritty, it's not all plain sailing. :)

I'm fed up with the look of the 4:1 header and s/s silencer so going back to beetle silencer with some mahoosive over the top ratty "trumpets". If they'll fit under the bumper they'll look very silly indeed. The silencer I had turns out to be beyond use so got new one on order for tomorrow when I'll fit it all if I have time.

ZedBed said:
I'm fed up with the look of the 4:1 header and s/s silencer so going back to beetle silencer with some mahoosive over the top ratty "trumpets". If they'll fit under the bumper they'll look very silly indeed.

8)

56d3bd18.jpg

How close are those to the bumper? Mine are a bit :msn4: bigger.

Merlydog said:
ZedBed said:
I'm fed up with the look of the 4:1 header and s/s silencer so going back to beetle silencer with some mahoosive over the top ratty "trumpets". If they'll fit under the bumper they'll look very silly indeed.
How close are those to the bumper? Mine are a bit :msn4: bigger.

8)

56d3bd18.jpg

ZedBed said:
bugger! ...and the valance?

I can feel an unfashionable engine "lower" coming on.

My valance had already been 'modded' with a couple of small arches ground out ;)

My valance hasn't been modded, but it did have a beetle exhaust fitted when I got it. Maybe there's hope? There's always Mr Lump Hammer if not. :)

I'm looking at this - trying to work out with the seller if it'll work...
tach.jpg

I don't think there's much hope - it must be propshaft revs as it only goes up to 500rpm. :lol:

ZedBed said:
My valance hasn't been modded, but it did have a beetle exhaust fitted when I got it. Maybe there's hope? There's always Mr Lump Hammer if not. :)

Agreed.. Be reet ;)

Call those tailpipes?
56d3bd18.jpg
[/quote]

Check out these bad boys... :lol:
DSCF4783.jpg

DSCF4784.jpg

Laughing aside, the van goes whole lot better with the beetle exhaust and monster tailpipes. And it sounds like a Lancaster bomber. 8)

Coolio!!! Twinnies 8)

Please sort your black square rear number plate Steve.. It'll look so much better and you can always hit it with the hammer a few times before you fit it ;)

Latest posts