68 Deluxe - Back to full height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Alistair, you may. :)

One of my headlights points at the ground, the adjuster plastic block is stripped.
I found a pair of Bosch lights but only one halogen bulb of the right fitting.
Then I came across these in a box. What with the tailpipes it seemed a shame not too... :p
DSCF4805.jpg

DSCF4806.jpg

I thnk I'll get a bulb and fit the Bosch ones. :msn4:

And I tried to adjust out some of the camber on the rear wheels.
Before
DSCF4800.jpg

after: is that any different?
DSCF4801.jpg

So the gearbox is cleaned up and fitted.
DSCF4812.jpg

And the wiper spindles changed to late splined type. Not as elegant, but better than scene tax. :) Nice scruffy ones too.
DSCF4814.jpg

Glovebox lid changed to one without a split with lock. Time I had a clean-up. :oops:
DSCF4815.jpg

Merlydog said:
You don't hang about zed do you?
But I'm paying the price now with back/neck etc I'm stuffed full of pain killers last night and this morning. Now I daren't drive it for fear the gearbox turns out to be useless and I have to change it all back. That would be depressing. :(

And depressing it was...

Out it came and replaced with a late bay 1600 box which is good. That's enough gear box changing for a while I think.

sparkywig said:
Gearbox no good, or the sp not man enough for top gear?
Diff sounds like a bag of spanners. :(

I love my single port enough to keep it safe somewhere, but I quite happily looted a rather nice TP for parts. :lol:

As said above, I've been going mad swapping one broken gearbox for another, - pictures a bit dull - so dull I didn't take any, but after a good test drive at the weekend I think the original box is the best of the bunch for now so I've got to swap for a third time :shock: so maybe I'll take some pictures next time.

In the meantime....

We have coverings. :D
I'm really pleased with the way the stainless top wraps over the cover.
DSCF4827.jpg

DSCF4828.jpg

Yep - you spotted the gap. lol. Plans afoot.
DSCF4829.jpg

DSCF4832.jpg

DSCF4834.jpg

Now the dilemma.
I like the colour of the leather as it turns out, but I didn't buy it primarily for this colour as this is no ordinary leather. Oh no!

If I want, I can do this to it. 8)
DSCF4810.jpg

^that was done rather crudely with paint thinners.

Nahh, don't distress it yet, or at least not to that extent!

Looks awesome as is and the colour is fab. Let it age on its own accord first for a while :)

Latest posts