68 OG Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reborn bay man

Reaction score
Hi guys pics at last.
Our new bus,arriving at its new home from Felixstowe via Sacramento California last Christmas.
Courtesy of BCR (Craig Whitton) Vehicle Recovery.

Florencethecamper005.jpg

Florencethecamper008.jpg

Florencethecamper009.jpg

Florencethecamper018.jpg

Florencethecamper017.jpg

Florencethecamper057.jpg

More to follow :party0006:

Looks like a nice bus and a tailgate full of goodies from WW. Might aswell save on postage. :)

I never saw that bus around. I live in Sacramento. Amazing on how these guy's are so well hidden!

I love the color! :D Looks just like my bus, but mine is a 70. I look forward to seeing the interior shots. Also can't wait to find out what is in the WW boxes! :D

justcruzin said:
I never saw that bus around. I live in Sacramento. Amazing on how these guy's are so well hidden!

I love the color! :D Looks just like my bus, but mine is a 70. I look forward to seeing the interior shots. Also can't wait to find out what is in the WW boxes! :D

+1 yeah come on open the boxes...its like christmas all over again :lol:

Just a brief description of our bus.
She is a one owner May 68 78.000 miles og Westy Campmobile.
The family bought it new in 68 from VW Dealer Wes Lasher, who are still VW Dealers today and used it for over 20 years.

Bought from an add on the earlybay,shipped from Sacramento to LA then Felixstowe and then to its new home with us.
The only bad parts are rust is in the battery tray and slight surface rust under the offside base of the windscreen.Chassis,floors, body panels all in great original condition as is the paintwork.
The interior is mint.It is a D67 Model so has the original tent with it,only being partly erected in the original owners garden as they found it to difficult.

Jobs done so far,complete brake rebuild,lights changed to UK spec,track rods and draglink changed.
Front and rear wheel bearings changed.

She has just passed her first mot and been registered with the DVLA.
New reg being:
PHR 231F

Florencethecamper054.jpg

Florencethecamper055.jpg

Florencethecamper061.jpg

Florencethecamper062.jpg

Florencethecamper051.jpg

Florencethecamper056.jpg

ooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffff thats niiiiiiiiiiicccceeeeeee :D
and check that spare wheel out oh my :shock:

very very very nice bus ;)

chris

Thanks for cool comments guys.
Yep spare wheel is amazing it's never been used.
WolfsburgWest box opening time is comming,are you shure you guys are ready for pics :lol: I'm excited and I know whats in them.

Been looking at your bus Just,much much work done looks really great.Where did you get your no plates from as I need a set making up.I intend to use original Dealer plate surround on the back.

Will post more pics on bus.

Ian

WoW..!! :shock: Nice bus..!! 8)

It's just like Christmas, come on and open them damn boxes...!!! LoL :mrgreen:

Reborn bay man said:
Thanks for cool comments guys.
Yep spare wheel is amazing it's never been used.
WolfsburgWest box opening time is comming,are you shure you guys are ready for pics :lol: I'm excited and I know whats in them.

Been looking at your bus Just,much much work done looks really great.Where did you get your no plates from as I need a set making up.I intend to use original Dealer plate surround on the back.

Will post more pics on bus.

Ian

Plates came from Craigplates, have a look at ValentineOne's bus, his white plates rock!

Just

Thanks Just,have pm'd ValentineOne.

Kim bus was bought from Eric Zitsmann NorCal Relics in Sacramento.Cool guy to deal with,nightmare to contact though.He has a workshop and rescues splitties and bays from all over.
Olive-Bay Our buses seem very close according to M Plate spec...

WolfsburgWest boxes opened and photographed and will be posted today,hope you enjoy guys. :party0006:
aspro
Olive-Bay
justcruzin
Gwar

Hi Mr Green..

Cheers
Ian

Ian

Latest posts