69 California Westy.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
Had this bus afew years now and this is how it looked when i bought it.
0507076.jpg

It came with all the history back to its bill of sale, 4 boxes of spares/junk and a brand new JK awning.

I ran it for awhile until it developed a strange carb/electical/fueling problem which i couldnt trace. Anyway had the engine out (a few times) and replaced everything that could cause a problem and finally got it running well again. Got all the tin wear powder coated while the engine was out.

Changed the wheels for some BRMs and got it slightly lowered then recently changed the beam for a narrowed king and link.

Tracked down all the nice little goodies (deluxe clock, trip speedo, ambulance fans and deluxe outer trim which ive still to fit). Got some perfect over riders from the US and got the bumpers, o/riders, splash pans and a correct front badge painted to add a bit of contrast to the colour. (everything was Pearl White when i got it)

DSCF0722.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

Just fitted some new TMI seat covers in the front and got the rear re covered in a chocolate brown colour. This was a decision that took me about 2 years to decide on because i wanted to keep the inside original but one of the covers had a slight rip which i didnt want to get worse. I didnt really like the Mustard colour but would have kept it if it was 100%.

DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF1299.jpg

DSCF1300.jpg

DSCF1302.jpg

Afew more bits to tidy in time and a nice new wood steering wheel to fit then who knows..............................

Very nice, the more i see of westfalias the more i want one! :)

its all about the westys 8) as fook!

Clyde,

Great looking bus, I've been told that the chrome door latch surrounds aren't available for the door latches with combined locks (i.e no lock pin by the window), but you've got them on your though?

Any advise appreciated

rgds

Spanking ride there fella, My front curtains can be a pain on the ass especially when you've had a few, i like the simplicity of your front curtain/screen thingy, where did you get it and how much?

ant

I bought it second hand but i think you can get them from JK or Bluebird for about £30-£35. It keeps the light out really well.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ive been doing all sorts of little jobs as ive been going along. Changed fron Dynamo to Alternator, fitted a leisure battery, blasted and re painted the Rock and Roll bed mounts and all the mechanism for the roof cot while i had it down to make some new canvas. Re trimmed the edges of the sink unit etc with some new edge trim. I got a custom made shift knob from the US and ive got a nice wood rim alloy steering wheel to fit. Roof and roof rack are next on the list along with the headlining which although very good condition is splitting in a couple of places. Also i need to take it down anyway to fit the new Continental roof bunk ive just managed to get hold of. So anyone want a perfect roof cot and some good but not perfect headlining keep em peeled.

Bit of an update, been busy again but nothing to tricky this time. Ive fitted a Westy double ended slider handel on the inside of the door. Much easier to open now.
At long last got around to fitting the steering wheel and i must say i love it both in looks and feel.
The deluxe trim is now on and ive managed to find a single BRM as a spare so no longer have to worry about that.
Also got one of those strange tail gate latch things that lets you open the tail gate from the inside? Might come in handy one day but its a hard to find part so had to be fitted with all the other hard to find/deluxe bits.
DSCF1998.jpg

DSCF2045.jpg

Latest posts