69 Montana Red Panel Van - the new shop bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Graham, I kow what those wheels are and they're going to look cool.

Looking forward to your open day :)

See you soon.

Dave.

only just seen this ,as get stuck on gallery for to long.cant wait to see this,one nice ride.panels rule 8) cant make open day :( dragin the beetle at shakey.

Now a couple of customer buses have gone we managed to get the bus outside to give it a clean before starting to strip down components etc, very pleased with the results, the paint had gone very powdery and the water running off the bus was a nice shade of red. After a couple of washes managed to get most of the powder off and get down to some real paint. nice og paint in the wheel arches and chassis so apart from the bit of primer where it looks like a dent was knocked out it looks very solid with no filler visible.

See for yourself below:
L1030184.jpg

L1030188.jpg

L1030185.jpg

L1030189.jpg

L1030186.jpg

L1030187.jpg

L1030190.jpg

L1030191.jpg

L1030192.jpg

L1030193.jpg

L1030194.jpg

L1030195.jpg

L1030196.jpg

L1030197.jpg

L1030198.jpg

L1030199.jpg

L1030201.jpg

L1030202.jpg

saw this bus on Friday and really is v.nice :) - great condition and particularly amazing OG paint - can't wait to see what the shiny bushaus bits will look like when fitted ;)

Sneak Preview

L1030219.jpg

L1030227.jpg

.....and yes I know there are only 3 wheel studs fitted, its not on the road yet :mrgreen:

If you want to see more pop along to the open day tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Enkei Slot Mags, VW Heritage (SSP) sell them

I want some of those wheels for my bus. Looking forward to seeing the whole bus in frame to see how they look.
8)

The shop bus has been put on the back burner over the last month whilst we got a customers bus ready but now with Dave on board some renewed focus.

Looking at engines sat in the unit the other day we decided to rebuilt the 'fated' 1776 that used to be in Patrick, for those that remember it chucked more oil out of the bores than it kept inside it so was great fun.

Well a full strip down has taken place and revealed a few niceties and some not so nice.

The good bits:
Lightened Flywheel
Fully Balanced Crank
Straight Cut Cam Gears
Engle 120 Cam
Big Valve Head (and I mean big)
Ratio rockers

The bad bits:
Scrap Barrels & Pistons
Poor case assembly work in the past

Well the bits have been ordered so the build will commence over the next week to include:

New B&P's
Full Flow oil System with Remote Filter & Cooler
Refurbed twin 40's
Kennedy Stage 1 Clutch etc

So all in all it should be a reasonable engine to power the shop bus along and may even make an appearance on the strip :mrgreen:

modded the fuel supply as well 8 mm out let on tank :shock: well you wouldent want fuel starvation :oops:

Well it rolled under its own power for the first time yesterday and passed its MOT today at the first attempt but then it should with the amount of fettling its had!!

Heading off to the DVLA this afternoon to start the registration process so should be on the road soon I hope, thanks for all the hard work Dave (67 Panel)

L1030475.jpg

L1030476.jpg

L1030477.jpg

L1030478.jpg

Dave
Yes but he still said they didn't work!!, don't think he knew where to press :lol: :lol:

Latest posts