69 Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karmann70 said:
Steve B said:
Nice and straight Drop Gates pal! How much did they set you back?

You would never believe me if I told you . Let`s just say I had a right result ;)

Jammy Bastard! Nice one. Some advertised out there are more than a van itself. Think mine will repair - they're not too bad anyway.

Van looks well pal.

Ok , here`s what it takes to get the rear centre caps to fit :
Standard centre cap on the left , centre cap with 3mm machined from it on the right:

Next , on the left , standard hubnut , on the right hubnut with 3mm machined from it :

Next job is modifying the Type 2 Detectives front beam . Steering stops are being welded on and some strength being put back into the side plates where the logos have been laser cut in . Pictures soon .

Karmann70 said:
Ok , here`s what it takes to get the rear centre caps to fit :
Standard centre cap on the left , centre cap with 3mm machined from it on the right:

Next , on the left , standard hubnut , on the right hubnut with 3mm machined from it :

Next job is modifying the Type 2 Detectives front beam . Steering stops are being welded on and some strength being put back into the side plates where the logos have been laser cut in . Pictures soon .

Both bits of this are interesting. I've sane setup and wondered about structural affect the laser cut T2D logo had.

Post up some pics of this bit when sussed would you pal?

Cheers.

Steve B said:

Both bits of this are interesting. I've sane setup and wondered about structural affect the laser cut T2D logo had.

Post up some pics of this bit when sussed would you pal?

Cheers.[/quote]

Will do . Look at your side plates and you will see just how much metal there is between your top & bottom tubes with the logo cut in .

Cool.really like it..
You still running a bj beam? I swapped mine out for a k&l purely as the bj beams sit too close to the ground to run low

I was much more interested in getting the stance right and putting nice wheels on , but there comes a time when the rust has to be fixed .Front arch passenger side :

Repairs . Bottom of A post :

Top hat removed :

Top hat repaired :

B pillar inner repair . No panels were available for this so I made my own :

B pillar outer , modified Klassic Fab Splitscreen panel :

Moving onto the sill . Everything that was repaired on the drivers side had to be done on the other side too , I was just a bit slack with the photos .

Old sill :

The remains of the middle sill :

New middle sill prep :

Middle sill done , new outer going on :

Unfortunately that`s it for resto photos .

:shock: :shock: :shock: Awesome fella.....nicest sc i've seen tbh :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts