• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Westy Pop Top with Berg Motor arrived Uk this week £5000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Hall

Reaction score
In the FAITHLESS track, he said, "you don't need eyes to see, you need vision"
Thats what the buyer of this bus will have.
Its a 69 Westfalia, imported from California and arrived with me today.
The bus belonged to its last owner for 12 years, before him there were two more so a 3 owner bus.
In the mid 90s he got Gene Bergs to build the motor, 1641 with duel kadrons, he has put about 25000 on the motor but when i fired it up today i had forgotten how sweet it was!!!!
It also is not smokey, revs well and still pulls very well, those guys know how to put a motor together.
Interior is complete apart from single bunk in roof and stool.
The interior is useable but needs a very very good clean to get the years of storage dust out of it.
Original floor covering is there but needs repair by side door, currently covered with carpet (not stuck down)
Front seats are nice but are black not tan.
Childs front hammock is there as is original (light brown with cut out for rear fixing bracket) fly screen, no rips etc just dirty.
So what needs doing, the underside is great, the frame and chassis etc is rust free as is most of the rest of it but there is isolated areas that need welding, small section to front arch, section behind front wheel (drivers side) drivers floor and a section on the passenger sill, a dent that turned bad, the floor and sill have had temporary repairs carried out until the correct repair can be done, non of the sections that have rust are going to fail the mot.
The front panel has had an older repair carried out after a car park ding, this was done 6 years ago, i would give it a 5 out of 10 for quality and finish.
The worse bit is the rushed dent repairs to both rear corners, but a few hours spent on these will make them "useable"
The paint cleans up nice and has a shine on the sections i have done.
It needs a front screen.
Mechanically it all works, steering feels loose.
So thats the bus, 5k buys it with the berg motor as the bus stands
We all know what the early westy pop tops go for when restored but you could drive this and improve it as you go for very little money
I have a slot in the body shop next week so if the bus does not sell b4 then it could be this one or the rhd so67r that i have going for paint.
If serious please call me 07971827006
photos taken a couple hours ago, not great but gives you a good idea, tomorrow i will take my usual photo file of 60 plus photos
DSCF5283.jpg

DSCF5282.jpg

DSCF5284.jpg

DSCF5287.jpg

Bus-fr-passH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts