'70 bay...resto cal...restowagen type thing? dunno really?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Christ on a bike!!!!

I can't believe I haven't posted on here since 2011!!!!!!!

Shit.... Soooo much has happened since then!

Poor old bus hasn't had much use over the last couple of years and is looking a little worse for wear...
Still, I live in hope that I will get round to giving it the love it deserves one day...

But... It still made front cover of C&C in January!!!!!

image.jpg

thru_a_lupe said:
Well Christ on a bike!!!!

I can't believe I haven't posted on here since 2011!!!!!!!

That is a long time :shock:
Welcome back :D

Same. Nice to see a bit of familiarity. At least you still own it ;)

Sell it... Don't sell it?!?

Dilemma.... Self employed... Going thru a bad period, masses of work on but a lot of clients not paying at the moment... Have to pay the mortgage at the end of the month and have about 13k sitting out there on the drive!!!

What to do....

Always difficult man but do anything BUT sell it if you possibly can !

Best of luck Jon ;)

thru_a_lupe said:

Dilemma.... Self employed... Going thru a bad period, masses of work on but a lot of clients not paying at the moment... Have to pay the mortgage at the end of the month and have about 13k sitting out there on the drive!!!

What to do....

Dont sell it dood, you WILL regret it, get heavy on the non payers or introduce a part pay up front scheme. Maybe sell of some of you accessories? they can be replaced but the full van, not so easy ;)

and so the repairs begin.... this could take a while, don't really know what I'm doing but theres only one way to find out my abilities...

doesnt need massive overhaul... but there are some rust issues that need attention and a general tidy up is in order...

so where to start?!?!

probably with the roof...
looks a lot worse than it actually is...
mainly covered in years and years of layers of different paint so started scraping it all off to get back to the OG paint layer... the rear gutter and cap needs so attention but I have a roof cut to sort this... also got a cut to fill in the horrible leaky tilt glass sunroof...

then theres the small matter or sill repairs... 2 new cab steps, windscreen channel, b piller and some small window channel repairs...

take your time jon you will do it,and iam sure theres plenty down your way that
would help mate ;)

Latest posts