'70 bay...resto cal...restowagen type thing? dunno really?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to get my mind off the dreaded tin worm... thought i'd post up a couple of pics that the magazine didnt use...

090725OBK797H37-2.jpg

090725OBK797H46.jpg

090725OBK797H21.jpg

090725OBK797H35.jpg

:mrgreen:

time for a bit of an update.... not masses to tell but have the bus back out if storage for a little pre-season work.
currently sourcing some sheet sheet to fabricate some wheel tubs... nice and small to sit under the seats without the need for seat mods.

also managed to 'blag' this....

IMG_0373.jpg

to try and fix this...

PIC01617.jpg

not bad as it didnt cost me a penny! result!

also going for a bit of a different look to keep things fresh...
taken off the rack and quite liking the sleeker lines....

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

also picked myself up a bit of an internet bargain...brand new and unused...

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

but in true bbt sprint style the were painted really badly and in a horrible grey powdercoat...
so i cant afford to re-powder and detail like my sa's so am going down the rattle can route for the time being...

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

hopefully have them fitted up and on by next week....

today was a good day! :mrgreen:

got the bbt sprints all finished and I am well chuffed with results, especially as money is a little thin at the moment i opted for the rattlecan approach! cant wait to get them on the bus so ordered up some new front tyres this evening.....

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

whilst the laquer was drying i decided to crack on with something I have been ummming and aarrrrhing over for a while now...
out came the disk cutter..... and..... well.....
theres no going back now!!!

IMG_0387.jpg

Nice wheels - looks like you have done a nice job with them 8)

Like the hole in the tub too - airconditioning?? ;)

Looks great, loving the wheels.

Don't suppose where you got em from had any more of the poor paint finish ones going chep? And if so can you share the details maybe? :?:

Cheers

sorry charlie... i think all thew wheels from bbt had crappy paint jobs!
the dude that I got mine from had a few sets but i had the last..... sorry mate!

watch this space though...cos if i dont like the way they look in the end... they'll be on the market......

thru_a_lupe said:
sorry charlie... i think all thew wheels from bbt had crappy paint jobs!
the dude that I got mine from had a few sets but i had the last..... sorry mate!

watch this space though...cos if i dont like the way they look in the end... they'll be on the market......

No worries. Gizza shout on a pm if you do decide to flog them ;)

im in 2 minds too airtime!

if the bbts dont suit then theyre on the market.....
if they do then the sa's are boxed and in the attic.... theyre keepers regardless!

oh and happiness is having a retired dad!
he's already knocked up my tubs!!!!! theyre basic boxes and nothing fancy...but they will do the trick a treat i reckon!

029.jpg

028.jpg

gonna get em welded in tomorrow.... wish me luck! woop woop!

thru_a_lupe said:
oh and happiness is having a retired dad!
he's already knocked up my tubs!!!!! theyre basic boxes and nothing fancy...but they will do the trick a treat i reckon!

029.jpg

028.jpg

gonna get em welded in tomorrow.... wish me luck! woop woop!

Wish I had a Dad like that :roll:

Does he fancy adopting a few more VW owners ? :D

to be fair he is a good dad! :mrgreen:

had another couple of day work on the bus...got the tubs all welded in with some tabs in place so the seats can be bolted straight back in the same place! :mrgreen: please dont look too close at my gash welding!!!!

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

got them seam sealed today but then the shitty weather finished me off! took the old wheels off ready to swap the tyres over....so the old fella is looking a little sorry for himself right now!

IMG_0401.jpg

also decided i would keep one sa tyred up to use as a spare.... i then had an idea so photoshopped it up to see how it looks...
i would appreciate opinnions if ya dont mind....?!?

IMG_03701.jpg

Latest posts