'70 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kosytoes said:
vwcanuck said:
A shipping price of £400 is too high to send it all the way to Canada ... but I would appreciate some basic measurements and closer pictures of it so I can fab one for myself. Online there's lots of information about "roo bars" but this one is the best I've seen.

Great progress Kosytoes :D

No probs, will get some pics and measurements done and post them.

Thanks much Jon!

Love the bus. Should have left the paint, but I know how it is wanting to make it your own. Looking forward to your progress.

compdrag said:
Love the bus. Should have left the paint, but I know how it is wanting to make it your own. Looking forward to your progress.

I know! had a few saying I should leave it but, you're right it wasn't mine. The paint was Horntastic! :lol: but i'm a little more :msn4:

vwcanuck said:
Kosytoes said:
vwcanuck said:
A shipping price of £400 is too high to send it all the way to Canada ... but I would appreciate some basic measurements and closer pictures of it so I can fab one for myself. Online there's lots of information about "roo bars" but this one is the best I've seen.

Great progress Kosytoes :D

No probs, will get some pics and measurements done and post them.

Thanks much Jon!

Sorry mate, but my photobucket is offline tonight, will try again tomorrow.

hey Canuck
hope these help.

bullbars1001_zps60655b24.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

:shock: Wow thanks very much Kosytoes!

Since I'm waiting for parts to rebuild the engine I will draw these up and be ready for some summer fun of fabricating. I will definitely find a better way to bolt it to the bumper mounts though.

It's amazing how friendly complete strangers on the other side of the world can be. Your generosity is very much appreciated :D

Well, started taking out the windows to strip underneath them.
F**k,s**t and p**s :shock:
rear tailgate, drivers side

After taking out the windscreen.

At least the rear sides were okay.

Lifted the rear plyboard to clean and then eventually insulate and soundproof.
Mastik anyone?

It came off okay though.

Will be taking a week off work soon so hopefully better progress, need to get it painted by April :shock:

Getting the rear bumper blasted and painted to match the front so, what colour is this folks?

yeah I know its white :) But what shade?

It depends on the model and the date of manufacture for your bus. Choose the proper chart and hope your bumper still has original paint colour.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vwcanuck said:
It depends on the model and the date of manufacture for your bus. Choose the proper chart and hope your bumper still has original paint colour.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Nuck, took the rear bumper for blasting and painting, not sure it was an original colour but the powdercoaters matched it pretty damn well when I took part of the front bumper to give then an idea. It's RAL 1015 apparently.

Got a bit of work done on the rot at the front windscreen.

Was absolutely cacking myself as I was cutting this as i've never done this with metal before :shock:

Here's where I need the knowledge from you distinguished gentlemen.
I have a welder lined up, not done a lot of classic car work, thinks it best to weld along the top of the seam instead of drilling the replacement metal and plug welding the piece to the og metal, it makes sense so, is he right?

From Feb 26 to March 3rd no extra help posted?
All this done for a first timer?

Respect dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
From Feb 26 to March 3rd no extra help posted?
All this done for a first timer?

Respect dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J & P
:D :D :D

Thanks gas1man, steep learning curve but, like I said, getting there.

So this is where your hiding out Kosy.. :msn4:

Subscribed. Good progress so far mate, must get up to get a look at it in the metal before paint. ;)

Looking good dood, welcome and nice work thus far 8)

middleman said:
So this is where your hiding out Kosy.. :msn4:

Subscribed. Good progress so far mate, must get up to get a look at it in the metal before paint. ;)

Damn found out! :shock:
Yeah you can come and have a look anytime but, you'll get a job :)

Latest posts