'70 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kosytoes said:
middleman said:
So this is where your hiding out Kosy.. :msn4:

Subscribed. Good progress so far mate, must get up to get a look at it in the metal before paint. ;)

Damn found out! :shock:
Yeah you can come and have a look anytime but, you'll get a job :)

Have you seen my work? :shock: :lol:

Just because it was sunny 8)

Got my hands on an impact screwdriver so the doors will be coming off later.

Hi Nuck
Yeah the bus is off for paint tomorrow, weather permitting! Not much in the way of pics as mostly just detailed stripping, sanding, smoothing etc.

Lively debate as regards possible colours :shock:

Nice! What colours were you considering? Couldn't be any more wild than what the previous owner did :lol:

Off to the painters :D

As for colours Nuck, Pastel White roof, Savannah Beige :D , Beryl Green :? , Mango Green :? or Lotus White :(
I suppose you've gotta compromise sometimes :roll:

Anyway, got the doors off and primed

And they all leave their mark, one way or another ;)

Update time,
been at the painters for about two weeks, he's doing a great job and quickly too!

More very soon with a bit of luck.

Hi there Nuck
We decided on Savannah Beige with a Pastel white roof, haven't seen it painted yet, just in primer.
I wonder if the previous owner would approve :D !

Went to see the van in paint.

Not happy with the drivers door around the handle so it's getting re-done along with the engine lid. Thought it would look ok, and it did with dull paint but, with shiny paint looked crap.

It's burn't off !! :shock:

Home

Now, Savannah Beige it isn't, I think the painter's supplier has accidently gone for Safari Beige? I know it's a colour available on the notchback. I'm not dissapointed as we also considered Beryl Green. I actually quite like it :)

Thanks for the comments Guys!
L 345 you reckon, not sure, there's definitely a greenish hue to it but, saying that, I haven't seen L 345 Light Grey in the flesh.
So maybe.

Latest posts