70 deluxe from cali

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your bus is looking very good Roland.
Hope to see it in the flesh sometimes soon.
Looks like you are making more progress than me lately.

Greetz
Wim

so moving forward, headliner is in. It should be perforated to match the factory specs but i think it's cleaner like that. Now i'm working on restoring the side panels in the back..

dyn001_original_600_450_jpeg_2505735_8840da28b8ffd12eb395d45266518d85.jpg

dyn001_original_600_450_jpeg_2505735_ff5b59314410a128603b556a633b428b.jpg

Been working on my van all week to get it ready, finally!

Almost there!

Gotta love nice original paint!

dyn001_original_600_898_jpeg_2505735_085a265518b25b892bbd2f761451c1d8.jpg

Still have to put a few windows in with new rubber (quite a nightmare for my fingers) and finish the inside.. Still lots to do for next winter though.. These things are never really finished, are they? :lol:

it's been a few weeks that it's a driver!

Still loads to do but at least I can enjoy it.. Went to spa towing my bug with an A frame, no problems at all (except for an empty gas tank.. :roll: :lol: )

Hey Roland,

Stunning work !

Did you fit the headlining yourself ? was it a huge pain ? what make was it?

Also the window pillars have a trim to match did they come as part of a kit if not where were they from?

Sorry for the many questions

Cheers

Graham

Thanks guys!

Headliner is from TMI and it comes complete with the roof & the side parts. It's without the small holes in the fabric, it's a bit thicker than the original material so it's a bit too thick on the edge behind the sliding door for example, I can't fit the plastic profile that's supposed to hold it in place there. need to find a slightly bigger profile...

And I've had it placed by a pro, it was not so expensive, faster and better done that if I did it..

Hope this helps ;)

Latest posts