'70 LHD ex Westy US Bay now running Hydraulics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

Works so well! I have a really old suitcase which we are going to fill with wood when we go to shows. :D

Hi!

Great work on the eber - will it drain the battery quick if it's 11amps? :?: A good install, cheap too, the ebers are pretty dear I think.

Will be interesting to see how quieter is is with the dynamat on the engine roof?

Great work, always look forward to your updates.

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi!

Great work on the eber - will it drain the battery quick if it's 11amps? :?: A good install, cheap too, the ebers are pretty dear I think.

Will be interesting to see how quieter is is with the dynamat on the engine roof?

Cheers,

Alistair

It needs 11 amp at 24v to start up (or 22amp at 12v if taken before the converter). It only uses this for about 6 seconds. Then it uses 0.7amps at 24volt (or 1.4 amp at 12volt if taken before the converter) to run the fan. So on my 110amp battery it should run for a good while :)

Should be a lot better if you tap the panels they are dead and not a tinney noise.

Cheers mate :)

aogrady said:
Love this!!

How do you cut it open without blowing yourself up?

Alistair

Remove the valve
Fill with water to displace the left over gas
Put the valve back in and cut the door with the tank full with water
Put kettle on
Have cuppa

:D

audix said:
aogrady said:
Hi!

Cheers,

Alistair

It needs 11 amp at 24v to start up (or 22amp at 12v if taken before the converter). It only uses this for about 6 seconds. Then it uses 0.7amps at 24volt (or 1.4 amp at 12volt if taken before the converter) to run the fan. So on my 110amp battery it should run for a good while :)

Should be a lot better if you tap the panels they are dead and not a tinney noise.

Cheers mate :)

Ah, ok, I see. probably similar running current to a propex, i can't remember what it was when i fitted mine, i have a whole load of electrical monitoring gubbins to stick on sometime.

Are you running a split charge system?

Yeah, i wondered about the engine noise, I soundproofed mine, but never did the engine area or the bit under the rear matress....

Cheers,

Alistair

Latest posts