70 savannah beige deluxe (the 'baygel' bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leon said:
Don't know how i missed this thread! Really glad i found it.
One funkin ace bus. 8) Just love them wheels!
Also seems to be a bit of a theme with the buses you have had. ;)

Thanks man, yeah i love slammed og paint vw's

Major good news tonight, I finished the gearbox exchange and took it for a spin and WOOHOO all gears are there, no whining, crunching etc and it was at 60mph without ease :D :D :D

I can actually enjoy my bus now

Gonna fit my new seat covers over the weekend hopefully too

Paul 8)

Heres the photos of the seat covers fitted
It took longer than expected to change them as the drivers seat frame needed welding, the hard sponge needed making as it'd rotten away and the horse hair needed patching up too
iphone008.jpg

iphone010.jpg

iphone011.jpg

The drivers seat will hopefully fit a little better after its been worn in, they do look way too clean too, not for long though

Drove it to work and back today 8) , feels good to be finally using it

iphone012.jpg

i did get two funny comments today that made me laugh,
the first was off the new bloke at work '' what coulour you painting it then''
second was off a used car salesman that came in for some signs, he said it to a work mate '' is he starting from the wheels up then?''
Both were serious comments
Some people just don't get it :lol:

Got this too for free, just got to get some brackets 8)
iphone014.jpg

Paul

i like the way your vans roof is lower then a freelander's :D thats a really cool photo, i love to see them being used and parked up with moden cars.

this bus is so so nice!

Sod the Freelander its almost inline with the Yaris ;)

If I could have a pound each time someone said to me when you gonna paint it...

Its a shame TMI don't make worn in covers, like you get with jeans they almost look too clean if you know what I mean.

Des

It is such a sick looking bus, I'd have something like it if I didn't have 2 kids. Can't wait to see it this weekend :mrgreen:

Hi mate love the van :D What does your van drive like? and is the beam on its highest setting?

Chris

Hi, it drives really good, the steering is a bit heavy at times but that's about it
beams not at its highest setting no, it has plenty of travel either way
If you set them up right they drive lovely,
Paul 8)

Im thinking of selling my bus :shock:
the need for tattoos is greater than the need for a bus at the moment

I'm not starting a for sale thread as I haven't decided yet but pm me for a price on the off chance your interested

I will have most likely changed my mind by the end of the week :lol:
Don't bother replying telling me not to sell as I wont listen :roll:
Paul 8)

i will be interested to see what tattoo work you get done. Do you know how much you want for it, i know a couple of people that keep saying they want a bus like mine, but i might just be chat.

good luck mate!
ash

Latest posts