70 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zorst looks really tidy and would allow a few more inches of slamage :twisted:

nice job on the firdge too. I was searching for a super skinny fridge to replace the devon cool box but none come in the shape needed. yours looks perfect. 8)

Just got back from a week in Newquay, adventure started well but had the old problem of distroying rear drums. So paid a visit to the guys at 50-67 who were more than accommodating and for a contribution to their tea fund tightened up the rear for us. By all accounts a big guy on a short power bar is not enough to do the rear hub nuts up :oops: :oops: , so out came thier purpose made tool for the job, a 6ft scaffold pole with a socket welded to it :D :D .Whilst there we had a nose at what they had in.
Picture007-1.jpg

Love the rear sticker
Picture002-1.jpg

For the westy lover the ultimate accessory (circa 50/60s westy caravan)
Picture005-2.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

As you would expect around the area there was lots of vans, so here are a few of our favourites
Picture018.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture047.jpg

ianscooby said:
Well things are moving on on the engine front, thanks to Dubberdaz he got a deal from Turbo Thomas on making a pair of exhausts :D :D
Fitted in less than two hours, nice and quiet to keep with the family van concept and fitted like a glove.
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Would reccommend TT if anyone is looking for a hand built exhaust.

cool, what kind of price should i expect to pay for that? its a sidewinder copy 8)

Been playing around with wheels and managed to get myself a set of 356's (mangels). Got them powder coated, just need to get some decent hub caps

Picture003-4.jpg

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Rear looks a bit high but the engines missing at the mo.

last addition to the van, I've had the engine rebuilt into a 1776. Got it in a took it for a drive around the block, noticable difference so well happy :D :D
HPIM1405.jpg

ant said:
looking good ian, who did the engine conversion and how much was it?

ant

funinally enough a guy up your way in stafford goes by the name 68ragtop of vzi I think, cost £500 for the machining/good block & crank and the build etc, but I supplied the barrels & pistons as I had them. Still a good price for a 1776 though

embarrassingly its been a while since being on here, we still have the bus but family life, working too many hrs, uni fees, covid amongst other things has meant the bus hasn't been used much but it's stayed dry in the garage, so full service, brake overhaul along etc and hopefully it will be back on the road

Hi Ian, just read your thread. That’s got to be one of the earliest fridge conversions from cooler box !
Hope you can start enjoying your campervan again soon. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mike202 said:
Hi Ian, just read your thread. That’s got to be one of the earliest fridge conversions from cooler box !
Hope you can start enjoying your campervan again soon. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

just a, bit 13 years ago :shock: but still working

Latest posts