71 Bay in West Yorks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleco62

Reaction score
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/camper/vw-bay-camper-1971-tax-exempt/2857155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually within reach! Most vans for sale seem to be down south... Any opinions?

Thanks

pete

Hard to tell much from the pics but it appears okay on the surface.

The first pic suggests it might have had the front panel repainted (different shade of blue than on the door).
Tidy interior.
Looks like a nice, standard engine although, and this is probably just the picture, it looks like green paint not blue on the engine lid.

As always - go view it! Lie underneath, give it a poke and a prod.

If you want a second opinion feel free to drop me a message as I too am in W.Yorks (Leeds). They are few and far between up here which is why I bought mine from Portsmouth and Norwich :lol:

Thanks George. I'm in Moortown. I may yet take you up on that offer. Van is in Hebden Bridge- not as far as Portsmouth!

Pete

And I bought mine in Barnsley and drove back to Plymouth .... never looked back (not much point as everything was going faster than me). Worth travelling for a solid van but this one looks good value if it's genuine.

Pete, have you seen this one in York?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/earlybay/permalink/10152838271458200/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1971 Early bay for sale, £11,000ono Just had a full respray, new rubbers, UK lights etc, Engine runs needs very little to finish but have to sell It's in York, inbox me for more pics 07988 66 66 93 Rust free with original panels and door gaps

10628017_729020863834431_1219194547225123220_n.jpg

Isn't finished yet (so I'd say the price is too high) but looks to be of a good standard. A recent respray does leave some questions unanswered, so again, worth a view, rather than relying on pictures.

Latest posts