71 Bay Resto Custom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaw

Reaction score
Hi I have been woring for a few months on a 71 crossover basket case to start but I am getting there slowly.

gladys004.jpg

gladys005.jpg

gladys009.jpg

gladys007.jpg

I have started and carried out many Chassis repairs fabricating my own swaged panels including
Wheel arch repair panels, chassis rails - and chassis repair panels .

gladys027.jpg

gladys012.jpg

a010.jpg

a012.jpg

b006.jpg

moregladys004-1.jpg

I have load more shots at present the beam is painted ready to go back in - then ready to drop the rear if anyone wants to lend a hand.

outlaw said:
Many thanks Nick i can do nuts and bolts and fabrication computers errrr nop not very good

Dale

I'll swap skills - I can do computers but not welding/fabrication - when the powers turned off I have nothing to show for my efforts :D

Love build threads - looking forward to next instalment of progress!

Nice to see another Dormie on the road to recovery :mrgreen:

Looks like you have your work cut out fella ;)

She looks a lot worse than she is the beam is now ready to go back in the cab floor underside is ready to paint - o/s chassis repair panel is made just to be fitted - a good weekend and a total transformation - just have to convince the wife let me out there un interupted .

I will keep you posted

Dale

The front bumper has had the changes made it now has a frenched numberplate housing - flus mounded indicators - Just needs the dents knocking out and clean up and a trial fit.
The Beam is now painted and ready to fit hopefully get some muscles round tomorrow.
I hope to have a trial drop on some wheels -problem being they are not the correct ones .

26897_437612934761_696479761_559754.jpg

Well the beam is back in the bus as per the doodle its on the floor - not sure if to change tyres its on standard camper tyres at present or re fabricate with a pair of nice tubs -
When i say low the trolly jack will not come out when dropped down.
I will have a trial fit of the bumper tomorrow and take some pics -
Should I tub it or raise it up a little ??? whats your views -
Lokk forward to the comments !!!!

Here some pics just mocked up - it stands on standard 14" camper rims and tyres - plan is to run 15" rims and maybe a 50 or 45 profile tyre-
So it will be a touch lower.
gladys031.jpg

gladys029.jpg

gladys032.jpg

Nick I may well if it looks a little tight then in they go should fab and fit a pair in a day lets see how it looks on the right rims and tyres -
Now to set about the rear . clicks or boomerangs ??

Dale

after a total day of interupions I got a clear few hours - all the repair work is done on the sliding door - inner repair panel and lower outer skin repair all fitted and cleaned up - ready for the cab doors next - anyone got any door lock mechs -

Dale

hey ho cab doors skinned just a few other minor repairs on them cant weight to prime them and re hang
Well p/side doors now fitted and primed little shapeing to do - Frenched the aeriel today and finished the lower rear 1/4 panel
rearquarter005.jpg

rearquarter005.jpg

rearquarter003.jpg

Tell me tell me what do i do with that dormi roof ?????????

Dale

Today out with the sun so I Frenched the rear lights - Not gone mad looks a little different
Which lenses do I use ??
frenchedlights001.jpg

frenchedlights005.jpg

frenchedlights007.jpg

Steel Sun Visor is next

Latest posts