71 Bay Resto Custom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At long last I have finished the custom changes to my bus the last part was the engine cover
Before
gladys009.jpg

As it is now
enginecover002-1.jpg

enginecover004.jpg

enginecover006.jpg

On with the paint now final build

I quite the boot lid - very different but will it cause issues with cooling as in the presure will be different etc?

A bit more progress has been made the bus now has a painted roof door shuts and the the front panel has also now had a colour coat -
The front panel will be finished this week so I hope to have the body all painted by the end of the month :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
PaintedRoof007.jpg

PaintedRoof005.jpg

dayoutinswanage022.jpg

dayoutinswanage023.jpg

doorshuts005.jpg

doorshuts004.jpg

Just a reminder of what it was like
gladys025.jpg

gladys005.jpg

Prefer the 'before' shots myself :D

Only kidding - starting to look like a finished article now 8) :mrgreen:

Small update roof / front panel /a posts / seat panels all finish painted - the n/s rear 1/4 panel and arch are now in colour with a little bit of finishing to do happy bunny now
as she was just over a year ago
gladys010.jpg

Now gun finish paint
freshpaint018.jpg

freshpaint017.jpg

freshpaint016.jpg

freshpaint013.jpg

freshpaint015.jpg

nice i like it ..........i also like the little tash youve given it ;)
good to something a bit different 8)
chris

Paint Update
The roof is done as is the front panel and dash and seat panels A and b and c posts - now the rear o/s wheel arch and rear 1/4 panel -
I am happy with the gun finish looking forward to a little block down and machine polish then a drop of Mothers wax .
painting003.jpg

painting002.jpg

painting017.jpg

Happy Daze

Well i must be the slowest painter in history - Still not finished just not getting the time on it
The rear is all done as is the grille and its fitted -- thats the 1st bit to go back on
One more panel to finish prep then then shell is done ready for colour sand and buff

as it was
gladys015.jpg

Now
morepaint003.jpg

morepaint005.jpg

morepaint008.jpg

as it was
gladys001.jpg

Now
morepaint002.jpg

I will keep you posted

Been checking back on this post for a while now and had to comment at last.

I think what youve done/are doing is awesome. takes me back to reading Street Machine in the early 80's not since then have i seen so much custom steel work, frenching, louvres etc

Truly a unique looking bus, loving it

nice work

looking good mate, liking the frenched lights, nice to see some thing a little different.

simon

http://www.nosvw.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Simon I will pop and see you I am stuck for some bits and bobs you may be able to help - and I will need some advise on a motor build not sure how mad to go

Dale

Thanks no doubt i will get talked about when its all done - " dont like this dont like that " - as you say -Dare to be different.

Dale

outlaw said:
Thanks no doubt i will get talked about when its all done - " dont like this dont like that " - as you say -Dare to be different.

Dale
No doubt. Good to stir things up a bit though isn't it? 8)

Latest posts