71 Bay Resto Custom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit more done the rear bumper has been saved - the cab is now all complete fllor painted seat brackets in - i need to swap seats i want a pair of black saab seats not cream -The raer is at 1 st fix stage so happy right now
Bumper before
mumanddadonthequay003.jpg

bumper after mods narrowed and frenched
rearbumpermod004.jpg

rearbumpermod001.jpg

rearbumpermod003.jpg

rearbumpermod013.jpg

rearbumpermod011.jpg

rearbumpermod007.jpg

rearbumpermod005.jpg

Like what you have done to the bumper - very different and original :D

The long job of body prep has started the front panel and a posts are at an acceptable standard now and in primer
Now to the arches and inside of the a and b posts - man i hate prep work -
One good thing all of the steel has now turned up to finish the roof so i can jump form one job to the other.
paintprep004.jpg

paintprep003.jpg

paintprep007.jpg

no the bus isnt wonky just me not able to take a level pic
It also now has Audi 200 rims all round -- hey i want a pair of 215 55 15 or 225 55 15 as my 195s arnt wide enough not the correct look
paintprep006-1.jpg

In the mean time i will keep on rubbing down :roll: :roll: :roll:

Coming on nicely 8)

Are you going to lose the bulge on the front panel??

Not a lot to report as its body prep time lots of filling and sanding - the ICE equipment is noe sorted 2 subs 3 amps -
I have made up my mind to go radical on the engine cover and hinge panel still need parts

Rear Irons rough one as i will be modifying them
1/4 lights -
window rubbers -
cab Door handles -

my god i hate body prep

Not been posting for a while as its only body prep and nothin to show realy only dust -
I have now mounted a flush mount third brake light in the hinge panel and now have all the ice kit and the new number plates, all the veneer has been ordered so i hope it will all fall together quickly once painted.
rearlight001.jpg

rearlight002.jpg

rearlight003.jpg

008.jpg

Looking good 8)
A uniform colour always pulls it together :mrgreen:

A little more progress has been made the roof is now all in high build and the p/side is now all ready to be primed -
It was pointed out to me i had left a joint lip on the front panels - I have now removed it and made and fitted a swaged infill panel -
I am nearly ready to colour the shuts

With the lip
prime017.jpg

Without the lip on
gladyslip006.jpg

gladyslip002.jpg

withbumper002.jpg

prime015.jpg

prime014.jpg

Latest posts