• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 cali import westy needs engine £4500

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smudge

Reaction score
Shes a 71 Westy LHD from cali...regestered,mot'd and ready to go on them weekend shows or breaks.

Being a 71 she has most of the early bay looks...ie small rear light ,moon shaped vents etc etc but with discs upfront and small 5 112pcd stud pattern.

Exterior.

Ill be honest....From 20 foot she looks mint!..The p/o put her in first paint and she washes and shines up real nice.On closser look you will notice some filler that could have done with a little more sanding.This filler is not due to rush but to battle scars from her life time in the states....i like it as is as its clean and tidy but still honest at the same time.

Lowered by the bus station up front adjustable beam with rear one spline drop.You could take her down more if wanted but as she sits now you could load her up and no worry about scrubbing tyres and harsh handling.
Extra's include front bumper over riders,front spot light and usa truck mirror which look cool.Rolling on MWS Fuch reps with Excelent rubbers.

Interior

BMW Mini front seat..wasnt sure on these myself but they are so bloody comfy that i dont want to take them out.dished woodrim steering wheel which look kewl..electric washer pump etc.

In the rear is a part westy interior featuring RNR bed wardrobe table seat.There is a sink unit but i think its from a dormi.I do not have the taps for it.There is a new westy canvas from JK...not fitted.Bunk up in roof.the overhead lockier is missing and the stool
There is no head linning in the van but i have to template and am happy to cut and supply a ply wooden one like they should have.Room to make her your own but VERY usable has is.

MOT is untill mid May.Im not an inspector so cant say what will be needed.I do know that a batery tray and the cab foor to the drivers side will need attention.You Could plate them but would be a shame as there are no other plates on her that ive noticed.Apart from that all the brakes have been serviced new cvs etc so hopefully no other probs to get your self a ticket.Im more than willing to put her through a pre mot for peace of mind if desired.

Now the bad bit..Due to an engine going bang she sits with no engine so is sold as is.Im trying to sorce one but no easy with lack of funds so the asking price is 5K as is or plus the price of an engine if i manage to find one.

pics to follow...bus in swindon 01793 701499

hope this works :lol:

261jdir.jpg

2uxw7cp.jpg

Since the pics were taken Ive slammed the front by dropping her on the adjusters and fitted up the 165 slammm van rubbers.The spare wheel has been taken off the front aswell.All of this can be put back to the picture or if your a slammm fan i can drop the back another spline too 8)

After a little clever rebuild by myself,this bus can come with a Strictly Foriegn 1914 street pro twin carb motor...its Bloody fast and will lift the front end of the ground!

Price with this power plant would have to be 7K

would be interested in a swap...ie tintop delux,panel or crewcab

quite like that....do you still have it?might puy my square up for sale.... :)

Nice looking van...do you have any pics of the interior? and maybe some of underneath?

Yep still got it. :)

Engine not for sale on its own at the moment just incase the bus doesnt sell.

Ive only got a camera phone here so ill get my mate round with his super deduper digital camera to snap up a rake of pics.....plus ive been abit lazy and havent unpacked from big bang yet :lol:

Scot...Yep it is a Bargain but the want of a tin top is still haunting me! :D

Luv this mate. Looks cool as !!!! Tin tops are the nuts though (in my opinion) This would be ideal for me, but i've decided to have a bash at sorting my tin top unless you want to talk me out of it ;) ;) ;)

STUMP said:
Luv this mate. Looks cool as !!!! Tin tops are the nuts though (in my opinion) This would be ideal for me, but i've decided to have a bash at sorting my tin top unless you want to talk me out of it ;) ;) ;)

Best pm me your arm then dude and ill twist it untill you give in! But then im a lover not a fighter so ill run like fook just incase you hit back! :lol:

Any pics of said tintop? 8)

Hi All

The bus that i had my eye on sold so at the moment the bus is sale is 'on hold'.

Sorry to mess anyone around but I simply cant replace it for the money that its up for.

I will however listen to a swap on an OG paint rat delux bus.

Ill post up aload more pics of my bus over the weekend and keep the thread rolling(if thats ok with the forum?) just incase that Sav giege or delta green tintop comes up :D

Smudge.....sent you an email with bug pics hopefully...I hope you got it?

wriggs

wriggs said:
Smudge.....sent you an email with bug pics hopefully...I hope you got it?

wriggs

just went through the pics fella and although it looks bloody good..its not for me im afraid :(

Its a great project for someone and i really cant fault the bug in anyway...its just a little to 'shiny' for me.

Sorry Fella :)
Ps if you need any help posting up the pics on a thread somewhere then just ask and ill put em up 8)

scott wilson said:
you intrested in the 68 crewcab smudge :?: could do some kind of deal ;)

I would be fella but my garage has an SA split having some work done on it at the mo ;) so im abit stuck for space.Is it in yet?If so whats your honest thoughts on time scale to get a ticket on her? 8)

cheers mate....Could you put the pics on here,,I cant do it..been trying all bloody day and gettin the ump wiv it....

ill post them up as soon as fella 8)

Got my eye on a bus so my bus is NOW FOR SALE.....£4500....as is

Bus with 1915 SF motor,new MOT,poptop and headlining fitted....£7250..

Im still up for a tin top deal...with or without the motor 8)

Smudge

1971 Sierra yellow deluxe :?: :mrgreen: :?: :mrgreen:

Latest posts