71 delux driveway resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys, ime on call for the next two weeks but will try and get a few bits done, just want her back on the road :D

Just read through, good work chap. How big is your air compressor to run the shot blaster ?

trebor said:
Just read through, good work chap. How big is your air compressor to run the shot blaster ?
90 ltr ,bought it of flea bay , been really good value .i will try and find the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BURISCH-Air-Compressor-3HP-90L-Belt-Drive-Twin-14CFM-Twin-Cylinder-/161250257007?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item258b43a86f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rite thought I better put some updates up, been working like a dog and when not working been under the bus or in the workshop
Money has got tight so I have reused my old trim ,it's got a few dents in but I've cleaned polished and straightened it the best I can

came up ok in the end.

all the new looms are made and in place ,started to wire the engine bay but on hold at the mo as i am going to fit alternator kit so need to check out the wireing mods needed. all the wireing is run to the dash so will make a start on this tues .gotta find out whats going on with interior light as the colours dont match anything on samba ??????

managed to get all the windows and trim back on and made a start on the front end ass

and thats what she looks like at the mo ,and lee i havnt polished it yet :lol: well i did a little :D

little bit more work done ,been working in the evenings down the shed till late sorting the front bumper

its getting there but got a funny look when i came in doors gone 11.0clock last night ;)

got the new loom all run to fuse box and started connecting it up and yes i do have a head ache :lol:

and once all the tails were done i started sorting cables into sets for the switches ect , hopeing to sleeve as much as i can to keep it neat and tidy :? :D

more to come tomorrow :D

Lee C said:
& the bit you did polish??
How's that bit look??

Looks like is coming together nicely mind!!!
Not to bad mate , I never flattened it just polished ,came up ok ,ile be happy whatever mate ,I laugh at kicking myself last year to get a perfect finish but like the family say , you painted it and rebuilt it outside :D so just want to cruise in her again.

got the switches all wred today , i had to use some insulated terminals as i wasnt happy with the finish when putting two wires into one trminal but all went in ok ,ive sat and sorted all the wires to eatch switch and the dash lights and sleeved all of them to keep it as neat as i can , the fuse box is as neat as i can get it at the moment :) will get some better pics tomorrow

Nice work under the dash. I have been tidying up around the fuse box as well.

There are some clear/white plastic connector blocks in the picture. I have tried looking on maplins and halfords but cant find them. Where did you get them? They look like the spade connectors just plug into them?

mike202 said:
Nice work under the dash. I have been tidying up around the fuse box as well.

There are some clear/white plastic connector blocks in the picture. I have tried looking on maplins and halfords but cant find them. Where did you get them? They look like the spade connectors just plug into them?
Bought a mixed bag of them from Kent kit car supplies ,you can get them from vehicle wiring products in a box with the pliers ,not bad value and makes it much neater

Not done much of late ,really lost my mojo lately. Gearbox back together and painted ,westy fresh air vent caps painted and fitted ,I have made a start on the engine but don't have a socket to get the nut of the dynamo fan ??? God knows what size it is ,will hopefully get some more done weekend if I can infuse myself to do it :roll: really don't know what's going on in my head
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/imagejpg1_zps41743502.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=127719613&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/imagejpg2_zps68de9c18.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=127719613&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/imagejpg3_zpse72a4b06.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=127719613&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Been so long since I bought the rear tin extension I forgot I had it ,not sure if this has to be welded ????

Liking the wiring!!
Nice n tidy!!!
I've had a month off mine,
nearly up for sale again etc etc, usual crap, blah blah!., :lol: :roll:
We'll both get there one day!!!?!!

finished putting engine back together and rebuilt the drive shafts

need to find some heat exchangers as mine have fallen apart ,might install the engine and gearbox tomorrow :D

:D :D gearbox in and engine at last :D ,i was brave enough to connect the home made loom and guess what ..................... it worked to my shock had one little mistake to sort wich was the wipers , i put two wires wrong way round :roll: my fault i should of put me glasses on .all the pipe work done , gear linkage done just the exhaust to fit and i should touch wood be able to run it up the road :D

Latest posts