71 delux driveway resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after god knows how many cups of tea and a face with more black on than a coal miner :lol: the first one is done 8)

the seals are a nightmare to fit :roll: but whats new with after market parts :lol:

fist attempt didnt go down well :roll: ,lucky i had spare glass , was scary when it poped in my hands ,ive polished the other window today so hope to have it back together this week then i have a week off so i am praying the weather is good so i can get the brakes back together but still havnt a clue how to pipe heritage aftermarket servo :roll:

Snap!!!

Well smash, I suppose :shock: these windows must be proper rare now??
All the best restorers smash them :oops: :lol:

Lee C said:
Snap!!!

Well smash, I suppose :shock: these windows must be proper rare now??
All the best restorers smash them :oops: :lol:
got a cupple spare mate :D one of the windows is proper shot but good for spares ,ive never seen so much mastic :lol: took ages to dig it all out but first window has come out a treat :D

Sterling job. Still slightly dumbstruck that you've done so much on your drive under a gazebo! Cellulous is a sinker allright, and every time you put more on, it reactivates whats underneath. As everyone else has said, let it go off for a good couple of months, flat back and polish.

update time gents, made best use of the weather lately

made up and fitted all new brake lines ,servo fitted and all the brakes, used a gunsons ezibleed kit at 18bar and only had one small leak ,a little nip and that was sorted but will bleed again when its ready to roll

allso the job i was really not looking forward to but turned out was easier than i thought ,managed to rebuild both front doors today with new rubber ,felt and chrome trim, the kits i bought were from cool air and i have to say were spot on fit ,the only struggle was pushing the quarter light between the rubbers but little silocone grease and job was a good. :D :D :D ile update soon on the wiring loom but decided to make my own ,all the gooddies should be here tomorrow :D

Lee C said:
Looks VERY nice under there mind!!!
still not polished the paint yet mate :lol: :lol: but to be fair i have to repair the dammage from the storm but that can wait till it warms up a bit moor , shitting bricks about makeing a complete loom but the quotes were silly money mate ,total cost for wire ,terminals ,tools ect was £140 and that was ordering well over the top an cable amounts :D

My loom arrived today :shock: didn't look this much on paper :lol:
Not sure how the non insulated pliers work ,only used the insulated type :lol: but should keep me busy

got the dash painted today its spose to be satin black but check out the shine :D looks good tho

hope to find a nice padded dash later but had to strip mine ,was in a rite state

got a few hours out the front today and got the handles and door seals fitted ,a credit to cool air again they fit ok to some i have used , if i was brave i wouldnt of used any glue but put a little on the inside and corners

got the dash back in today and the heater controls ,took my time over this as i have spent some time collecting parts to finally have fresh air vents that work and heaters i can control fom the cab and not cable tieing the heat exchanger flaps open :lol:

tailgate was in a mess after the disaster last year so didnt bother to try and blow it in on the bus ,got it off to sort it

all primed up .

spent the day today putting the colum back in but something just doesnt feel rite ,if i have put something in the wrong place please feel free to comment

got started on the loom today ,the main front to back is done ,left loads of extra wire due to a peice missing but at least i will have plenty to route it all neatly in sleaving

allso got the head light loom done ,i have moved the side light wires to the headlamps (uk spec), heat shrunk all the joins where different size sleaving meets

made a start on the brake and horn section but have hit a stumbling block ,looking at the drawing i have it shows different colour wire to the horn ,looking at some other drawings it seems a cross between a 71 and a 72 loom but will look further into it

Latest posts