71 delux driveway resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the reaction is the celly reactivating the primer that should flatt and polish out where in kent ru i can come and show you the difference with 2 pack primer the celly makes more over spray than 2 k at least let me show you how. celly was what i first painted when i was 15 am now 54 so i know what im talking ab 8) :lol: out

stop putting putty on it it will just get worse did you bar coat the repairs like i said a few weeks ago dont listen tto idiots who say if you rub through its no good thats bollocks its a water base sealer thats so it wont react with the substrate

ronnie12342003 said:
the reaction is the celly reactivating the primer that should flatt and polish out where in kent ru i can come and show you the difference with 2 pack primer the celly makes more over spray than 2 k at least let me show you how. celly was what i first painted when i was 15 am now 54 so i know what im talking ab 8) :lol: out

Hope you you get it sorted soon!, ronnie12342003 if you get bored you can always do mine lol :lol:

if you put celly on wet to try and get a shineyfinish its to wet just get a nice even coateven if its a bit orange peel thats ok it will polish up you can only get a gin finish with 2 k celly allways drys flatt we had to put a gallon of paint on a say cortina size motor leave it for 2 weeks then polish it bloody hard work by hand now with 2 k just 2.5 ltrs for same job and gun finish

Caboose said:
ronnie12342003 said:

Hope you you get it sorted soon!, ronnie12342003 if you get bored you can always do mine lol :lol:
thats wot i do innit providing your not to far i will help anyone ask wistler on here 8)

Thanks ronnie I might take you up on that offer in the future but I have a long way to go before it see's any paint :lol:. By the way great work your been doing on whistlers been watching his thread with great interest (do you charge much?)

Caboose said:
Thanks ronnie I might take you up on that offer in the future but I have a long way to go before it see's any paint :lol:. By the way great work your been doing on whistlers been watching his thread with great interest (do you charge much?)
depends on the work required :lol:

Caboose said:

Don't think you've seen my thread ronnie :shock: but I'll bear it in mind thanks

have seen your thread and its the usual british bus needs everything 8 inches up all round done at least 60 buses all told theres nothing on a bay that cant be repaired obviosly its all down to money for parts my labour lets just say i like tea coffe and biccys :lol:

ronnie12342003 said:
have seen your thread and its the usual british bus needs everything 8 inches up all round done at least 60 buses all told theres nothing on a bay that cant be repaired obviosly its all down to money for parts my labour lets just say i like tea coffe and biccys :lol:

Worth every cup and jammy dodger and more!!!!

dub boy said:
Spent a few evenings working on this door ,after two attempts I pretty much bare metalled this doo, etch primed it, then three coats of primer, flatted it off, I shot the colour this morning and it looked pretty good ,been out the front working on bus and just come down the workshop for a brew and found this
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image_zpsb8ab7bbc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure if you can see what I can but its shit ,it's almost like a reaction but I tacked it and panel wiped it twice ,the panel was nice and warm ???? :roll:
Looks like I found out why poss, the boy was in the workshop working on his bike close to the door I painted ,he was spraying oil on his bike :roll: so this may be the reason .

That's crap luck, what he like at spraying? :lol: maybe he put it right for you?

Caboose said:
That's crap luck, what he like at spraying? :lol: maybe he put it right for you?
:lol: I did think of that but I've seen his handy work :lol:

Rite as some of you know I had a disaster in November with the storm, the gazebo came down and damaged the paint which I can't sort till it warms .well Lady Luck doesn't run with me and more damage was done over Xmas with flying fence panels. Anyway I've had the damaged door off and sorted it
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image_zps19368fbe.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image_zpse4340ed7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image_zps4ce6a93a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well happy with the finish ,hope to get this back on tomorrow and crack on, I really felt like just leaving it but gotta crack on ,ime getting withdrawal symptoms from not driving it now :lol:

Here you go mate:

image_zpse4340ed7.jpg

image_zps4ce6a93a.jpg

image_zps19368fbe.jpg

Nice job 8)

gninnam said:
Here you go mate:

image_zpse4340ed7.jpg

image_zps4ce6a93a.jpg

image_zps19368fbe.jpg

Nice job 8)
Cheers for that, I still can't work out how to the pics rite on this I pad :lol: ime ok on the home pc

rite due to our super dry weather of late ive been confined to the workshop :) so got on with sorting through the three rotten westy windows i got my hands on ,when i say shit i mean they are shit

spent some time digging god knows how much mastic out :roll:

managed to get them all apart in the end and started polishing

after getting the rest of the windows apart i had problems with window regulators so had to drill all the pot rivets out ,i tried to find some replacements but no go so i had to good ones but both for the same side if that makes sence

took a while but swapt fittings and redrilled the winder hole but went back together ok

Latest posts