71 delux driveway resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trebor said:
Nice job, how do you cut the doors out so neat ?
plunge cut the straight cuts witha skill saw (thin blade) the carfully cut corners with jigsaw, not perfect but cleans up ok with a bit of sand paper ,its only a temp interior . i want to build all oak framed seats

mr fish said:
Looking good :)

You going to bring it to 'Grill n Chill' ?
when is it , to be fare i havnt even looked at a show calender mate, as you saw when you popped round the house is undergoing lots of work so i am hitting that hard while trying to finish this but i hope to be at brighton breeze this year as i havnt been for some time :D upholstry wont be done but the foam will be on seats and rear belts fitted for kids i hope.

finished the headliner and had a play at makeing a parcel shelf ?????? not sure if i like it tho ,i do like the look of the bamboo but there a few pennies tho

Roof liner looks very good 8)
Parcel shelf won't hold much though ;) (looks to have the makings of a good 'un :mrgreen: )

Headliner looks great. Are the joins in line with the roof strengthing ribs?

My original template has a smaller section in the middle meaning that the join is in mid air but think it might be easier to make join in line with the rib so I can screw the joiner into them if I need to? The original also had screws in it which screwed into the rib but now think the might have been a later addition.

mr fish said:
Headliner looks great. Are the joins in line with the roof strengthing ribs?

My original template has a smaller section in the middle meaning that the join is in mid air but think it might be easier to make join in line with the rib so I can screw the joiner into them if I need to? The original also had screws in it which screwed into the rib but now think the might have been a later addition.
i bought the kit of ebay as i could not get a template from anyone ,to be fair the fit was rubbish and i nearly went back to vynl but after a fair few hours of cutting and shapeing it went in , i cut the sheets so the joints fell on the ribs ,the rear sheet finishes inside the top locker .

Well vans going to first show in a few years ,the good lady and kids are looking forward to it ,come to think of it so am I :D , if you clock it in car park excuse the dink in the front bumper :( that was my fault. Interior isn't finished yet but it's gunna be good enough to knock up a bacon butty and brew. So looking forward to going to a show in my bus ,seems so long now

Great day at show today bus ran sweet ,cooked some breakfast in her and just chilled :D . I love volksworld BUT really think they need to find a bigger venue now and a few less T5s would be nice but a great day

Great day at show today bus ran sweet ,cooked some breakfast in her and just chilled :D . I love volksworld BUT really think they need to find a bigger venue now and a few less T5s would be nice but a great day

dub boy said:

Yeah, we went one year and was stuck in the normal 'London' traffic as well as the show traffic, to then drive around looking for a parking space as the main showground ones were full, the ones near the venue were full and we ended up driving around 3-4 miles away to park!

It's a good show, but I totally agree, there are plenty of bigger and better venues out there to use. We will not go again unless they change the venue. :roll:

Thought I better update my build, I lost hart in it to tell you the truth and walked away from it for a while due to interest and money but sneaky pics have been taken so to start of we took the bus to Somerset for a week and had a great time without any problems until I pulled on the driveway back home and could smell petrol ,found a split hose :shock: lucky doesn't come close to my thoughts .
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image.jpg4_zpsjpuga4h2.jpg.html?filters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[user]=127719613&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image.jpg3_zpsynah78fg.jpg.html?filters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[user]=127719613&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image.jpg1_zpsrmqweiih.jpg.html?filters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[user]=127719613&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=17

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/image.jpg1_zpsrmqweiih.jpg.html?filters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[user]=127719613&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=17
Wasn't happ not being able to boil kettle and cook a bacon butty at the same time so dragged an old devon stove I had in the back of the shed and made a cabinet for it ,had to make it lower than usual height due to slideing door handle and really didn't want to cut the bench seat

Latest posts