71 delux driveway resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vans come a fair way since last post ,its now stood on its own feet for the first time in a few years :D engine runs sweeeeet 8) dash is allmost complete and the sound proofing is all in 8)

had to buy new exchangers in the end so striped the primer off and the had few coats of heaat proof paint

front bumper painted and fitted

not sure if this will work ,its van starting for the first time
http://vid1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii554/dubboy1/IMG_0756_zpsfe865ee8.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sound proofing and floor painted

had a gow at mopping the roof tonight , was really nervous but its the best i can get it ,still looks patchy ,just dont want to risk messing paint up :(

thought i better update thread as not had much time lately ,plucked up courage to mop the bus but as i dreaded i have gone through the paint in a few spots :( but never mind ,gunna save up and get it painted later ,just need it back on the road :D

got the first layer of ply down ,i did buy a r&r bed but i dont like it and didnt really want it so will being going old school with table drop down for bed

bought a roll of closed cell foam of fleebay £40 and sorted the foof before headlining goes in :D should keep the noise down a tad and the heat out and in

Apart from going through in a couple of places, do you think it looks better for a flat n polish??

Ps, fine line tape on the edges before hand might have been a good idea!??

bumper rear ,now theres been a problem there ,once again our lovley suppliers of aftermarket SHIT come up trumps ,bought a bumper listed as fits 71 no mods needed lol

the only way that is going to fit is cut the mounts of ect wtf ,if it says doesnt needs mods then it should bolt on .apart from very basic items i will only fit used og parts now even if i have to wait till something comes up.
draged the old bumper out and went at it again with gas bottles and big hammers ,its not perfect but it fits better ,hope to have this painted and on by end of week .top shout to auto craft the rear irons are spot on :D
[/U[URL=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dubboy1/media/imagejpg5_zpsd60ab8e9.jpg.html]
RL]

Lee C said:
Apart from going through in a couple of places, do you think it looks better for a flat n polish??

Ps, fine line tape on the edges before hand might have been a good idea!??
yes mate it looks better ,i am gunna repaint front clip next year mate and paint has sunk in a few spots but so many peeps have said i had some balls to do this at home on a drive with nothing more than a tent ,it growing on me :D

i really have run out of money now so every penny counts ,the front seats were shot springs gone ect ,the prices for restoreing was well out of budget so they will have to weight so for £60 notes i got this jag seat and belts and went about mounting it

i dont mind it ,the hite is spot on for me ,being 6.2 i have set it for me but it can be raised :D

finaly today i have made a start on the ply head liner ,was a tad wet to work outside and a bit blowy :lol: steamed them for a while to curve them for a better fit ,hope to have this in by the end of the week

forgot tis pic ,got all me shiney bits back on the front ,had to use the old badge ,it did clean up ok ,theres a few rust spots in the corners but will replace it later ,the kids bought my stainles wiper set for fathers day :D

Drove van tonight for the first time in three years :D :D 8) happy is not the word ,mot booked for sat morning .if all goes well might even get a weekend trip in before bad weather sets in ,still gotta make interior yet but my seat is sorted :lol: kids can manage on wooden crates lol

Passed with flying colours :D :D no advisorys either ,well happy so let the woodwork begin :lol:

update as not been on much ,but been busy sorting interior, as usual and like most of us i havnt a pot to piss in so went off to wickes as this was the best deal i could find on ply ,wanted oak faced but had to settle for chery faced which i have to say is groing on me so armed with five sheets of 12mm ply some battern and scrap off cuts of mdf this is how ive done so far on building from scratch

the little stove unit was made out of offcuts as i have a devon stove but need to borrow a bench joiner to make cabinet ,will redo the whole interior at a latter date BUT i have had a few intrested peeps looking at buying the bus :?

need to finish top locker and cut ply for table , hope to have this all mocked up by the end of the weekend :D

Latest posts