71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome weekend at Alive and Vdubbin, my good bud Gray (Grazy) volunteered to have some signwriting for my new venture on his van, what a legend! 8) (excuse the shoite picture :roll: )

stucdesignbays1of1.jpg

Also deceided that as much as i love my interior its just not practical enough with a growing family!
So today i cracked on and stripped the rear interior out, carefully wrapped it up in commercial film and stored it.

Im going to build the interior from scratch and have a few ideas without damaging the Bus so if the mood takes me it can always return to stock ;)

So far interior out, next is to fix the leaky sunroof, baremetal the floor and repaint, then i can start the real work :mrgreen:

And ive just noticed that it looks like some ghostly dude lookin in the drivers window :shock:

convraw_14.jpg

Please dont burn me at the stake for removing the interior, its undamaged and stored safely :msn4:

stu

you know I love your interior, however no point having a bus and not using it, so get it out of there and keep it safe, then crack on and get the bus doing what you need :p

Pete

Thats the thing, it does 12k miles a year as a daily, but id like me and the the family to use it more for weekend breaks without a big bleedin awning to fight with ;)

its a blocked near side front drain hole, tried putting some wire down there to clear it out today but i think i'll pop down my mates workshop and blast some compressed air down it just to clear it.

Going by what was behind the interior panels its probably a shed load of South African sand :)

Like said above - your bus, your rules :D

Looking forward to the conversion :mrgreen:

The back of the van is fully stripped out now, RnR bed arrived today and was thrown together,stripped and rebuilt my now working second hand tap, off to collect the timber for the cupboards tomorrow, then i need to steam into it and try and get at least a bed in their for peppercorn as me and my lad will be kipping in it fingers crossed! :? :D

Been cracking on with the interior

Unit base
seat5.jpg

Used walnut veneered MDF for the units
seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

Knocked this up today to house the cooker etc
seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

Just need to do the finishing touches and varnish the lot :)

Really nice I like it , looking forward to seeing it finished , ;)

Chris

Worked like a bastard this week to get the interior sorted for Peppercorn so me and my 3yr old lad can kip in it.

Not finished by a long shot, temporary flooring and seat covers (both will be black more in keeping with the front interior) but its usable and so far im pretty chuffed. Its not goin to win any trophies for it BUT, its exactly what i wanted. It'll get used, no doubt bumped and scraped through use and kids. :D

interior-1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

been a while since i updated, for a while i thought about selling but nothing else gives me the grin factor as much as my Bus :mrgreen:

Not much has happened, bumped into Matt at T2D while i was fitting out there waiting room with my Canvases and framed prints

mattsbus-1of1-1.jpg

Still being used for tip runs ;)

bussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg

But no longer my daily, although still used a lot, time for the old Bus to relax a little :)

Seriously lovin the new interior dude
I'm making my own interior too,can I ask how have you attached all your cabinets down?

dubbedup67 said:
Seriously lovin the new interior dude
I'm making my own interior too,can I ask how have you attached all your cabinets down?

Cheers :D
Cabinets are screwed/bolted down using any existing holes and then i drilled a few small holes in the vertical bracing of the panels, its really solid.

Getting ready for Grill-n-Chill with my missus so i thought she deserved a bit more comfort

seats recovered, not exactly what i wanted but will do for now and a new table made up with an adjustable height leg that attaches to the cupbord doors and.........
bus41of1.jpg

........also attaches to the buddy seat so you can cook on it.
bus51of1.jpg

businterior11of1.jpg

businterior1of1.jpg

pretty chuffed :mrgreen:
just the fridge to go in and the split charge system to be done

come and say hello at grill-n-chill i'll be trading under STUC Design - canvases, printing and photography, be good to put faces to names :)

Latest posts