71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
61 stu said:
Since rebuilding the carb the Bus has had misfire so today, new points, condenser, plugs, runs pretty sweet now apart from a slight hesitancy so next week new cap and leads followed by timing and CO :roll:

same problem here stu, gonna give a couple of hours and re-do the timing and set the carb. I can't decide whether to paint my inner arch's (after welding them) chianti red (og colour) or matt black to match the inside ?

red, they'll dull down as soon as they get a bit of dirt on them, i think it makes the wheel look further in the arch too ;)

Last couple of weeks ive been chasing a slight misfire on the Bus replacing most bits at which point it decided not to start, so having tryed everything i could think of i put a plea out on the East Coast Dubbers Facebook page and within minutes had loads of suggestions and an offer from Jason at Dubs and Classics to call in on the way home. An hour later and it was all running sweet and timed up, turns out the condenser was shorting on the distributer :roll: massive thanks to him 8)

So the Fooks were looking a bit worse for wear after two winters worth of driving so time to refurb them. The detailing on them has always bugged me as its so obviously different to genuine ones but then they were cheap :)

A trip to my local paint factors and my boy picked out the colour. Finish is by no means perfect but they look way better in my eyes, over the winter i might invest in getting them done properly.

wheelwm1of1.jpg

wheel2wm1of1.jpg

Just the rears to do before Stanford Hall....

61 stu said:
Last couple of weeks ive been chasing a slight misfire on the Bus replacing most bits at which point it decided not to start, so having tryed everything i could think of i put a plea out on the East Coast Dubbers Facebook page and within minutes had loads of suggestions and an offer from Jason at Dubs and Classics to call in on the way home. An hour later and it was all running sweet and timed up, turns out the condenser was shorting on the distributer :roll: massive thanks to him 8)

So the Fooks were looking a bit worse for wear after two winters worth of driving so time to refurb them. The detailing on them has always bugged me as its so obviously different to genuine ones but then they were cheap :)

A trip to my local paint factors and my boy picked out the colour. Finish is by no means perfect but they look way better in my eyes, over the winter i might invest in getting them done properly.

wheelwm1of1.jpg

wheel2wm1of1.jpg

Just the rears to do before Stanford Hall....

ive heard you love a bit of rear....

Finally got time to finish the rear wheels in anthracite
bus1of1-3.jpg

Covered the rear cushion (although it looks creased to feck in this photo :roll: ) and took 10mins to make my lad a Batman mask and cape from the offcuts
bed1of1.jpg

Started respraying the engine bay, near side done, once i've welded up the battery tray i'll crack on and do that side
engine1of1-1.jpg

Also fitted a bigger fire-extinguisher, but felt the need to colour code it, im such a sado :roll:
fireext1of1.jpg

Its no show winner but finally i've got it looking how i want it, bleedin loves it i do :D

Few more odd jobs to do on it then its on to the next project :msn4:

Hi!

Awesome, looks so much nicer with the wheels like that, your bus has really come on from how it used to be, very very nice, and it wasn't exactly shabby b4!

bay3.jpg

wheel2wm1of1.jpg

#welljell

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts