71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shit quality photo alert!!

Fridge in, sink plumbed, cupboard shelves done, few more jobs left inside including split charge system, then a service, carb rebuild and stainless exhaust and we're all sorted for this season :mrgreen:

bus1of1-2.jpg

bus11of1-2.jpg

Hi Stu, do you mind telling me what fridge you have used, cant believe you have cut a hole in that lovely bus for one minute !

davebug said:
Love it Stu,works real well fella ..... 8)

Cheers mate

'Andyo11' - all the changes ive made to the Bus are easily reversible so no i didnt cut any holes. I went for an electric fridge, Just Kampers had it on sale about a year ago and it comes with a normal 3 pin plug attached and cigarette lighter plug in. Although it doesnt need venting ive used the original vent control in the back of the drivers side partition to help circulate the air.

Although ive not got it wired up in the Bus yet i have had it running and it works well, even the freezer shelf in the back does its job too. Looking forward to cold beers this show season :mrgreen:

Cheers for that, been looking at fridges for a long time and cant make my mind up, like you im not gonna cut a hole in the side but it limits the choice straight away. Will look into this into one though.

Not been in the best of health of late, but cracked on today with new carpet inside and fitted my new Vintage Speed exhaust. Awesome build quality, all slotted together really easily although i was a few nuts and bolts short, but hey ho.

Sounds and looks the nuts :mrgreen:

432335_10150734432414468_608429467_11297121_1890715183_n.jpg

Another thing done off the long list 'to do' :?

Cracking thread, really excited now, waiting for my '71 kombi in the same colour to arrive from S.Africa. Be keeping it stock for a while and have some fun over the summer then hope to crack on with some work. Man I'm struggling to stop myself buying stuff for it while I'm waiting.

marco said:
Cracking thread, really excited now, waiting for my '71 kombi in the same colour to arrive from S.Africa. Be keeping it stock for a while and have some fun over the summer then hope to crack on with some work. Man I'm struggling to stop myself buying stuff for it while I'm waiting.

Awesome only ever seen one other in the flesh, bang a thread up when it arrives be good to see it, i had the colour matched by a local paint supplier, turns out its a 1967 VW colour - L10H Arizona Gold, its original too as its a one previous owner Bus :)

Been finishing off loads of little jobs that got left last season - bolting the R n R bed properly, fixing indicators, horn, rebuilding carb etc

Also pretty much finished the interior now, just split charge system to install

inside1of1.jpg

Been meaning to start detailing the underside too, not show standard but just more presentable, started by painting the underside, loads more to do bit by bit

underside1of1.jpg

Found this magnetic coin holder too when i had the indicators out, full of 5 cent South African coins, all from the early 70's

coins1of1.jpg

Next is a good service and clean of the engine bay and some work on the wheels :)

How cool is that coin holder!! I'm worried about finding big spiders or a snake or something when mine arrives(next week!!!)

Since rebuilding the carb the Bus has had misfire so today, new points, condenser, plugs, runs pretty sweet now apart from a slight hesitancy so next week new cap and leads followed by timing and CO :roll:

engine1of1.jpg

Also repainted the underside of the front arches

wheel1of1.jpg

started prepping the wheels for a repaint and change of colour too :)

Latest posts