71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A canny early bay ebay bargain saw me get 2 mirrors, 3 rear lights, 1 indicator shell, accelerator rubber and door handle for the bargain price of £10.50 and only 15 minutes up the road :D

Pulled one of the mirrors apart cleaned and greased it up it and fitted it, now as good as new with the right amount of patina to blend in :D

61 stu said:
A canny early bay ebay bargain saw me get 2 mirrors, 3 rear lights, 1 indicator shell, accelerator rubber and door handle for the bargain price of £10.50 and only 15 minutes up the road :D

Pulled one of the mirrors apart cleaned and greased it up it and fitted it, now as good as new with the right amount of patina to blend in :D

i missed those, was gonna bid :evil:

need a spare rear light if u dont use it

slammedresto said:
61 stu said:

no probs mate, theres no lense on it though, just the bulb holder.

If you want it, its yours.

61 stu said:
slammedresto said:
61 stu said:

no probs mate, theres no lense on it though, just the bulb holder.

If you want it, its yours.

cool, its the bulb holder i need, mine only works when it feels like it

hopefully see you at the colchester meet

Well from the outset the bus was designated to advertise my business so today it went to be sign written.

I tried to keep it quite retro to fit in with the overall look of the Bus, hope you like or at least don't dislike it to much :?

Photo00401.jpg

Photo00411.jpg

61 stu said:
Well from the outset the bus was designated to advertise my business so today it went to be sign written.

I tried to keep it quite retro to fit in with the overall look of the Bus, hope you like or at least don't dislike it to much :?

Photo00401.jpg

Photo00411.jpg

looks cool, not too modern, more retro :mrgreen:

Why is it 5 minute jobs always end up taking hours to do :roll:

Thought i'd be good and clean and grease all the sunroof cables, clear out the drain holes and put a smear of vaseline in the runners.

So me and my 8 year old daughter stripped the cable covers off cleaned it all up and greased and vaselined it well. It was at this point my little helper decided to go inside leaving me to put it all back together.

Trouble is the bastard thing wouldn't work properly once back together, with the sunroof handle cog jumping out of alignment with the cables.

So in my infinate wisdom i made up some metal shims which helped but didnt solve the problem, it was then after panicing that i wouldnt get the roof shut before it was dark that i discovered the metal washer and guide that unbeknown to me my little treasure had removed without me knowing :roll: It now works perfectly!!!! :x :lol:

finally got round to using a half decent camera :roll:

Picture102.jpg

Picture101.jpg

some of the original South African stickers and a 'Suid-Afrika' AA badge that i found in the glove box
Picture100.jpg

Picture099.jpg

An original South African home made carved wooden interior door handle, love it 8)
Picture106.jpg

Picture103.jpg

still has the thick cardboard insulation under the rubber flooring
Picture104.jpg

Just black and silver number plates, a good mopping with some G3 and maybe some lower profile rubber out back to get.

Borderline obsessive over it i think :roll: :wink: