71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opinions, do you think theres to much rake at the mo?

Can't decide whether lower profile rear tyres would reduce the rake and improve its look, what do you lot think?
:?

Fitted new trim rings and chrome spot lamps (off an old Anglia apparently) today :)

SDC10313.jpg

SDC10312.jpg

SDC10308.jpg

Really need to sort some black and silver plates though :)

the lights just bolted through existing holes in the bumper and the trim rims just pushed on with a bit of a shove, there KK ones so i paid through the nose for them but their really good quality and pretty heavy duty :)

Thought i'd add this line up pic from when Paul Knight came down to do the feature on my mate Tims Kustom Dub Werks garage:

079.jpg

Nothing much has changed other than some baby moons and a few stickers, need to get it sitting a little lower and less of a rake - adjustable spring plates next and possibly dropped spindles if im not too skint ;)

176.jpg

Love the colours and general stance of the van, looks perf 8)

Does anyone know if these were a Deluxe option (maybe just a South African one?). There like a bakerlite plastic box shaped to fit the inner rear quarter screwed to the body with a chrome finish plastic grill.

They're body colour and in the nearside there was some ancient speaker, other side was empty so i've just replaced the internals with some small Sony units.

121.jpg

120.jpg

Cheers :)

They are cool as funk dood, ive never seen em before tho :?:

Got to agree they are a rare beast indeed never come across them and if there shaped for the rear corner 8) Speak to Scott he may well be able to shed some light on them if they are a SA accessorie...

I want some

Just remembered, when i got the bus there was this mirror in the back that hooks over the rear gutter i think to aid reversing? I do think though that there may be a bit of the fixing missing.

Thing is its painted in body colour and going by the paint coverage its been painted while its been disasembled. Its got no VW stamp but it does have a part number.

128.jpg

127.jpg

On the reverse of the mirror it does have this stamp though 'STIRLINC DURBAN'. Plus above the nut in this pic theres a tube like section that looks as though something else slotted in there? :?

130.jpg

Ideas? :)

What is the part number dood
_cool__or_8__by_crula.gif

Scott Wilson is the man on these SA buses, he should be able to help with the answer on these parts 8)

Right the mirror stem has got 'PM' inside an octagon, then next to it is 'PM 658' and below that 'PAT 3260490'. :?

I'll send Scott a pm and hopefully he might be able to shed some light on it :)

If them speakers are standard as fitted by the factory they will be worth a few quid 8)

Thing is the speaker pods are curved to fit the quater panel as when ive taken them off before they'll only fit back in one way.

I've pm'd Scott so hopefully he should be able to shed some light on them :)

right done a bit of digging around on the net (there is an upside to a prolapsed disc and bedrest :mrgreen: )

I searched under the patent number and this is what i found:

257.jpg

258.jpg

:)

im waiting for an op on my back so the bus hasnt seen to much use or had much attention lavished on it the past couple of weeks. Consequently this old repair has got worse :roll:

187.jpg

so do i repair it later this year or leave it as patina? :?: :)