71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet bus (as I said before) but the nicest thing about it is seeing your family enjoying it. That's the way it should be used :mrgreen:

windsurfer said:
Sweet bus (as I said before) but the nicest thing about it is seeing your family enjoying it. That's the way it should be used :mrgreen:

Cheers bud, totally agree, its nice having a hobby but even better when my kids and missus enjoy it too, i think i might have brain washed my kids though :lol:

Photo0084.jpg

n608429467_2030681_117.jpg

:mrgreen:

My Mum always told me to never pick scabs.............

I never listened, ooopps :oops:

This is how it started, steadily over the past few months the front panel has been getting worse and trapping water, so i've started removing all the loose paint to stop it getting any worse and so i can repair it over the winter.

Before:

169-1-1.jpg

170-1-1.jpg

171-1.jpg

After:

172-1.jpg

Until i can get time in a booth to repair it properly i'll have to treat the surface rust and tosh a bit of paint at it. :roll:

I would take off the front bumper trim and send it to me in case it gets damaged ;)

Seriously tho, get it treated dooder, you dont want that getting any worse 8)

Is it just surface rust at the mo (that's what it looks like)?

If so, good plan you have and keep us updated ;)

easy said:
I would take off the front bumper trim and send it to me in case it gets damaged ;)

Seriously tho, get it treated dooder, you dont want that getting any worse 8)

Thats a very kind offer :lol:

Thankfully its only suface rust so i'll get it treated as soon as and get some paint on it until i get the opputunity to strip the front panel and do a proper job in a booth :)

In the mean time it looks like 'I'm down with the kids' with the fake 'Ratlookhoodridepatina look' ;)

Treated and thrown some temporary primer at the front, put in 'the' call to Slamwerks and ordered some new wheels from SSP, happy days :mrgreen:

Cheers for the nice comments. :mrgreen:

So the idea was to leave the primer on over the winter and repair it properly come spring when i can get in a proper booth. Trouble is it looked crap and was bugging the hell out of me :roll:

So having treated the bare metal, a skim of filler, high build etch primer and some colour matched paint i got it looking halfway decent, its not been cut or polished yet but will add a little more protection.

By no means perfect (i may go back and add some stopper and repaint it) but considering i did it from cans, wet on wet, outside in December it at least looks less shit than it did :?

221.jpg

220.jpg

Just dont look too close ;)

I'll do it properly come spring :mrgreen:

Get off the computer Stu , Get your tools out and get under the van :lol:

cool :mrgreen:

pm me ur address again stu, gonna be over my sisters in the next week or so

will be over for a sneeky peak and a cuppa if ur up for it

Thats going to look so sweet with those rims 8) 8) 8)

You ever want to sell those chrome beauty rings on your steels let me know ;)