71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some last photos of the bus (dirty) before the changes ;)

247-1.jpg

249.jpg

My new seat covers for day to day driving :mrgreen:

250.jpg

Under the front arches, waxoiled to death from new by the looks of it :mrgreen:

251.jpg

252-1.jpg

Lots of money spent and lots of obstacles that we've had to overcome, more to follow............

dagboyblue said:
come on stu where are the pics - where's the bus, in dubwerks?

looking to pop in there tomorrow to drop some bits off

Yep still in there, going to need proper notching, had it sat on the steering arms with the chassis rail flange (great word) notched yesterday, popping in there tomorrow morning.

The new dropped spindles didn't accept my 71 Discs and calipers so new late bay discs and calipers had to be bought and fitted (thankgod the missus doesnt read this and the money spent). The new calipers have a slightly different brake pipe set up so we had to fit rear brake hoses to the front calipers to make them fit and had to machine the callipers slightly to make sure they didn't foul the spindles on full lock.

253.jpg

The original draglink was found to be fouling the upper torsion tube, looking at a later draglink we found it to be of a lower profile, with a bit of machining it clears the top tube. We've notched the chassis rails to clear the steering arms but its currently sitting too low considering its on its very highest setting, so at the start of the new year the spindles will be going back to revert them to stock, then the height can be adjusted on the beam, back down to this height if needed.

256.jpg

257-3.jpg

259-2.jpg

259.jpg

On the list for next year is a set of adjustable Spax up front and maybe some 165/50 front tyres.

Hope you like :mrgreen:

Cheers for the comments lads

dagboyblue said:
looks f**king cool dude - good move with the narrow and bling 8) 8)

whats the ride like??

Well at the moment it rubs on roundabouts and full lock, but with uprated shocks and raised another half inch it should be fine. :mrgreen:

dagboyblue said:
oh, that split next to yours looks scchhhweet ;)

My current Laptop wallpaper

258-3.jpg

8)

Hi Stu

Looks good dude. Glad you managed to sort out the spindles\Brake combo. I have had a check around and the linkpin disk spindles seem to be a little bit higher than normal so a dropped spindle version it seems is almost a 4.5 spindle hence the problem with your bus sitting low on its highest adjustment.

Looks awesome though its defenatly a cool bus maybe tub it put some big old notches in the rear and get it dragging the floor :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

165/50/15 tyres would definatly cure the tyre rub problem thats the size we fit to all our busses.

http://www.slamwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers for the comments :mrgreen:

Slamwerks said:
Hi Stu

Looks good dude. Glad you managed to sort out the spindles\Brake combo. I have had a check around and the linkpin disk spindles seem to be a little bit higher than normal so a dropped spindle version it seems is almost a 4.5 spindle hence the problem with your bus sitting low on its highest adjustment.

Looks awesome though its defenatly a cool bus maybe tub it put some big old notches in the rear and get it dragging the floor :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

165/50/15 tyres would definatly cure the tyre rub problem thats the size we fit to all our busses.

I have to say i do love it at this height but would like some upward adjustment for when me and my family go away all loaded up. With the same linkpins pressed in the other way round shouldn't it raise it up 2 - 2.5" and i could then wind it back down on the beam? I'll get Tim to courier them over at the start of the new year.

Notching the rear comes later next year ;)

Cheers

Hi Stu.

Yeah thats fine i have already spoke to Tim and will get them back in post to you same day a receive them no charge Its the least we can do.

Thanks

Merry Christmas