'71 rolling resto Cali

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Chris that would be great, although it was done on the bench it's popping a little in third on deceleration.
Got the MOT sorted today as well, with just a couple of notes of stuff to do, so well happy. One problem on the way home that I discovered only 500m from home was the OSR wheel started coming loose, I had forgotten to torque it back up after removing it a couple of weeks ago :confused0068: No damage thank god.
So, all should be well, apart from the weather for Camperjam :alc:

Finally got under the bus tonight to refit the broken rocker foot from our failed journey to CamperJam. The bolt from the rocker shaft had backed out and found its way under one of the feet and smashed it straight off. Bad Times :cry:
9a9f8190.jpg

Picked up a replacement from Rob Judge last Friday, fitted it onto the rocker and got my arse under the bus, only to find the pushrod missing, cue a very pissed off Me. So now got to wait for a replacement for this now. :x

I bought some gauges about two years ago, this weekend I finally got round to installing them. God, I hate electrics under the dash. Kinda, glad I'm flexible but trying to fold over 6 foot under there is still pretty tricky.
image-2_zpsd9da516e.jpg

It's been a while on this thread so is thought is better drag it up :D
The engine got run in, was lumpy, was sorted then it went into the garage over the winter. March 2014 saw it being dragged out and got its MOT with flying colours just before VOWO. On the trip down it dropped all it's oil over the A1 which caused it to overheat and seized. All problems got sorted which was expensive and finally got it on the rolling road down at Wilshers Garage in Wimpole. John sorted out the balance, throttle and rejetted the carbs giving me 117bhp and a big smile
image_zpsc4ce3629.jpg

Marvel said:
It's been a while on this thread so is thought is better drag it up :D
The engine got run in, was lumpy, was sorted then it went into the garage over the winter. March 2014 saw it being dragged out and got its MOT with flying colours just before VOWO. On the trip down it dropped all it's oil over the A1 which caused it to overheat and seized. All problems got sorted which was expensive and finally got it on the rolling road down at Wilshers Garage in Wimpole. John sorted out the balance, throttle and rejetted the carbs giving me 117bhp and a big smile
image_zpsc4ce3629.jpg

117bhp nice 8)

I always do a double-take when You post pics of your bus.

27c942de6c897dd5ed2c8e09199d9c18.jpg

I'm afraid that's where the similarities end though!

Love the sound of 117bhp.

Hope you don't mind me crashing your gallery blog.

Phil.

Thanks - that's it's best angle. Lots more to do though.
I don't think I'd be safe with any more than my 1641.
But it's on the road & being used, so that's all that matters for now.

Must update my rebuild thread - like you I've had a bit of a break.

Phil.

Latest posts