71 Sierra Yellow, OG paint refresh

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cab89 said:
Looking Great! Can you tell me who did the seat pedestal recovering?

I did the seat pedestal recovering. I do trim work at home in my spare time which of late isn't that much. If you have any questions about it I can probably answer them.

*Sam* said:
Out of interest and because I think this is an awesome bus, will it be up for grabs when you have finished it or will it be staying firmly in your collection. Hope you don't mind me asking.
I currently have 7 early air cooled vw's :shock: :shock: . I know I will have to sell something but as you can see if you've read the thread I put a ton of effort into building these old busses which makes them hard to let go. (I hope that doesn't sound like I'm blowing my own horn). I really wanted to ship this bus over to your side of the pond and take it to Ninove, but I don't think the timing will work. So to answer your question: "is it going to be up for sale?", at the moment I haven't decided what I am going to let go, but I guess for the right price it can be.

Your not blowing your own horn mate, your build is brilliant with meticulous attention detail you should be loud and proud about that.

Think he means between the bumper and overrider?!
I had them on mine to stop them marking the bumper although they were repro crap!

Regardless they look great, as duz the whole build. 8)

that's right, but they look great :D
I bought the rubbers from here, i'll see if i can find the link for you ;)

Here it is
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stuif said:

Here it is
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not correct or stock ;)

Really??
Look nice n neat with them on like!!
I only noticed the other week that front & rear over riders were different, the angle of the back of them is more severe on one set, when I checked mine I realised I had 3 the same & 1 different.

squareweave said:
stuif said:

Here it is

Not correct or stock ;)

May not be stock, but better than your freshly painted bumper getting all marked up, and then go rusty like mine started to do 'cos the over rider started to rub and wear the paint away. And they do look nice on a fresh white bumper... ;)

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
squareweave said:
stuif said:

Here it is

Not correct or stock ;)

May not be stock, but better than your freshly painted bumper getting all marked up, and then go rusty like mine started to do 'cos the over rider started to rub and wear the paint away. And they do look nice on a fresh white bumper... ;)

Cheers!

Alistair

I agree totally. I just like the clean look of no break in the white. Luckily I went with powder coating so no "paint" wear. I think I contacted you about your trims but pondered about the look and decided to go with original. You've got a good product at an awesome price. I know that some of the old aftermarket bumper guards used those rubbers between them, just the VWOA ones never came with any. I will be passing on your link to a friend that will need a set.

Yeah, the clean look is awesome on a powdercoated bumper, and I spent ages trying to find a source of white profile trim, which would be great, but to no avail, maybe a tin of plastidip might work.....

Cheers

Alistair

Had the muffler assy. ceramic coated. Got it back today. I went with a stock exhaust for reliability and clearance. Since the motor is basically a stock 71 1600DP I thought that this was the best option. I hate a rusty canister of a muffler lurking behind the bumper and I think this livens things up. Although being that this bus sits alot lower than my others you probably won't see it. :(

I've also been out in the garage finishing up the front beam raise on the frame and picked up all of the metal for the rear notches and making a few final tweaks before cutting and welding. sorry no pictures, the metal filings kill my phone and camera

squareweave said:
Had the muffler assy. ceramic coated. Got it back today. I went with a stock exhaust for reliability and clearance. Since the motor is basically a stock 71 1600DP I thought that this was the best option. I hate a rusty canister of a muffler lurking behind the bumper and I think this livens things up. Although being that this bus sits alot lower than my others you probably won't see it. :(

I've also been out in the garage finishing up the front beam raise on the frame and picked up all of the metal for the rear notches and making a few final tweaks before cutting and welding. sorry no pictures, the metal filings kill my phone and camera

aogrady said:
Wow! That's very nicely done. Is it a expensive process, I guess you could do alsorts with the coating? The exhaust looks great, nice to see a little twist on a stock system.

Alistair

Liking this build as much as your beige bus, very nice !
Your attention to detail is mind blowing 8) top quality work

squareweave said:

That exhaust looks nice. It looks a bit like chrome plating :)

Latest posts