71 Texan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faux

Reaction score
I just thought I would post a couple of pics of the 71 bay from Texas my Dad, brother and me are trying to get back on the road. The plan is to strip it down and get it back to original (I have tried to convince my brother that lowering it will be a good idea).

DSC00021-1.jpg

DSC00023-1.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Daz....how does this compare to your bus a few years ago?
Lee....Yes I'm a bit Westy mad now, You should see my garage now, full of .....westy.

More to come!

gninnam said:
Looks like you have your work cut out :wink:

Actually it is pretty good, solid as a rock! It needs work on one of the sills and some small plate work on the cab floor. I would have loved to keep the OG paint but it wasn't quite good enough.

It will have new seals all round, new canvas, and the westy interior is in my garaged having a spruce up.

Lee, you know I would get bored :lol:

i do like it mate looks similar to Daz van when his was in the body shop.I love white westys.

It's coming on well, paint finished ready for a major mechanical overhaul and interior and trim rebuild.

It is going to look lovely. Here's a couple of pics.

DSC00003-2.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

DSC00005-2.jpg

DSC000062.jpg

DSC00007-2.jpg

OMG! :shock: Sure brings back some memories from 12 months ago! Looking great Jon, big pat on the back to you guys 8)
............is that the Stigs helmet in the back ground?? Hmmmm..... :? :lol:

Cheers Guys

I can't believe how good this bus is, I really want to keep this one, well I think my brother will want it.

Daz - Who did the lowering on your bus? And how much did they charge.

The lowering was free! I took the beam off and cut it ready for the foxey adjuster. Lee welded it in and i put it back together! Crappy job though...... but worth it :wink:

Lee, my van is pretty much where I want it to be for now. I haven't got the money for the paint job I want. My dad is fronting the money for this project and me and my bro are doing the leg work.

Daz, Cheers mate, I might have to go down this route too, depends on how the rest of the van comes on.

Roll on the new season.

Looking grand, whats the colour? 8)

A fresh coat of paint and a good clean =

DSC00841.jpg

And I managed to refit the door handles, reflector, 1/4 lights and window (with fresh new seals).

DSC00842.jpg

Still a long way to go though........

Looking good :wink:

..and no masking, just draw the curtains? :lol:

Latest posts