71 Texan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
Whats behind the grill on the buddy seat? escape hatch maybe............?

:lol: Just

:D :mrgreen: :D

There was a massive aircon unit built into the buddy seat, it weighed a ton. I will be replacing the grill at some point, but my bro will be making the major decisions on this now. Watch this space. :roll:

nags WolVeK said:
Well Faux, It is a sad moment for the family :cry:, Moose has been sold and will be going in the next couple of days. One bonus is it is going to a local family who live around the corner and will look after her and we can pop in and visit. Also handy to have somone in the area so we can share the VW obsession with :lol:

Sad to see Moose go, glad to hear it will be close by still.

A couple of bits done today:

Headlights/front sidelights working.
Washer bottle and jets fitted
Sunvisor fitted
Cab mats fitted
One disk changed
Wiper motor wired up (one spindle seized......have a spare in the garage somewhere!)

I need to order a few parts this weekend.

Back to it on Monday.

well just said goodbye to Moose :( but looking forward to Bay number 2, roll on the summer, sounds like you got a bit done today, keep it up :wink:, when its done I'll take you out for a drink or two and a meal etc.............

Just to say "Hi" I'm the proud new owner of Moose and also that I'm already feeling jealous about Dave and Heather's new ride. Keep up the good work.

Been busy again, took the day off today.

I managed to:
Get the windscreen wipers working.
Fit a new pressure switch on the MC.
Fit rear valance.
Fit rear bumper.
Fit sun visors.
Change drag link.
Hang curtains.
Adjust and grease sliding door. (Runs like a dream)
Tighten up wing mirrors.
Fit interior grab handle.

Bro will be happy....... 8)

Managed another days work on the bus:
New windscreen
Wiper arms
Poptop bunk
Brake lights
Numberplate light :D :D

This is all that is left to do for the MOT: :cry:
Horn (I think it is broken..lol)
Hazards (only front ones working with Hazrds on)
Servo (renew pipe work)
Main beam (not sure why this isn't working???)

Here are some pics: 8)

P070508_1335.jpg

P070508_133501.jpg

P070508_1336.jpg

P070508_1338.jpg

P070508_1339.jpg

P070508_133901.jpg

It is going to look sweet with the fuch's and a 4" drop........after the MOT is sorted. :lol:

Hi Bro! :mrgreen:

I am hoping that Dave gets it in for the MOT today. Everything is done, hazards did stop working again but I assume this is one of the wires which I reconnected before and a bit of a tune up on the engine.

Fingers crossed. :wink:

Come on Jon!! Did you sort the main beam out? I know Simon is havin problems getting his main beam sorted on his 71. Looks like a combo of the relay and spagetti wiring :eek:

Hi Daz

Sorted main beam. The GSF relay didn't work, I put the old one back in and retraced the wiring to find a loose wire. I am hoping to have it sorted tomorrow, but it is out of my hands now.

Latest posts