71 Texan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to stop off during my lunch hour and do a few bits, THERE WAS STILL ICE ON THE SCREEN....BRRRRR!

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

:D

Good way to spend a lunch break dude , I`m lucky if I bloody get one :evil:

Grazy......you should always take a lunch break, more VW time!

Lee, I would work on the Van on Christmas Day but it is at my Father in Laws garage and he closes for Christmas....I know, how dare he!!!!! :(

Thank goodness that Christmas is over.... :D

I can get back to work on the Bay......well the odd lunch break here and there. Lights fitted and rewired at the front.

DSC00859.jpg

Getting the lights in makes all the difference - let's hope your boss allows the odd 'extended' lunch break!!

Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming...

;)

Well, the engine is running sweet as a nut but I need to get a new ignition and housing. :cry:

I did manage to fit the new rubber seal to the pop top, looks lovely.
DSC00937.jpg

I can't wait to give her a good clean, but there is no point at the moment, I'll wait till all the mechanics are done.

The original Westy interior is all cleaned up and ready to go in too. This better not look better than my 69......I'd be gutted.

Cheers Lee

Still waiting on the ignition, Rev has sorted one for the weekend.

Well - front seats are in and recovered, the camping interior is back in and looking good. Flooring is down and as close to the original as I could find. Here are a couple of pics:

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

Not far to go now!

Hey Faux,

First post are you impressed :p .

van looking good will need to pop down soon (now I have my own car) and do something to help??? (poor the wine or somin) :wink:

Cheers Just.

Well my brother and his family have decided they are going to have the Texan and this adds a little pressure!

Dave (Is Sit) has done me a massive favor and picked up a new screen from Danbury in Bristol...thanks mate.

My bro took a little vid of the bus running and a cool pic:

DSC00128.jpg

My Father in Law managed to drop the bumper, with tow bar, on his foot and has been away from the Garage for a few days.... I was the one who put the bumper in the way....I'm not his favorite person.

Well Faux, It is a sad moment for the family :cry:, Moose has been sold and will be going in the next couple of days. One bonus is it is going to a local family who live around the corner and will look after her and we can pop in and visit. Also handy to have somone in the area so we can share the VW obsession with :lol:

Latest posts