71 Texan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Chris, Faux has done an excellent job (I owe him big time :roll: ), Nice meeting you and all the others, Seth, ant clem and VWaircooled Jason and others sorry if forgot names.

See he is using it....rubbish at posting pictures though :mrgreen:

P220808_150501.jpg

theovalguy said:
Thats looks great now you should have seen this bus when i found it in or near tyler texas,, great job mate glad to see i helped save another one..
later john in dallas texas..

Cheers, If you have some before pics that would be great as I seem to have lost them some how???

It definitely looked worse than it was, I think I can spot potential now. Saying that, they always cost more than you estimate.

faux said:
theovalguy said:
Thats looks great now you should have seen this bus when i found it in or near tyler texas,, great job mate glad to see i helped save another one..
later john in dallas texas..

Cheers, If you have some before pics that would be great as I seem to have lost them some how???

It definitely looked worse than it was, I think I can spot potential now. Saying that, they always cost more than you estimate.

pic of before, that i just stumbled accross on my photobucket account:

DSCF0467.jpg

Apart from the passenger door (which Jeff gave me a replacement) all of the rust just rubbed out.....honestly it was amazingly solid underneath. The easiest resto I have done to date and my brother and his family enjoy it now. 8)

Right been away for the winter and lookin forward to the sun 8) this summer, will start getting the van ready at the weekend for lots of weekends away, Faux hope your up for some? Camperjam back in its rightfull place (in my opionion) is the first show we will be attending hope to see some of you there.

nags WolVeK said:
Camperjam back in its rightfull place (in my opionion) is the first show we will be attending hope to see some of you there.

Bustypes....I think you mean :mrgreen: Yep the Oswestry site has always been good for a laugh.

You know he leaves that to me Nick :roll: I can say what I want on here too as he never checks............. :shock:

I hear you and my bro got the seals in, I bet the doors are a very snug fit now :mrgreen:

Hi Jon, the only one we any probs with was the engine bay but a bit of fettling sorted that, yes the doors do seem nice and tight now. Should be a bit quieter to travel in as well now :D

Right ok, ok.

Big thanks to Nick with the seals, all done and Van ready for Bustypes, couple of pics,

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

oh and Heatherfinished the curtains

DSC00370.jpg

Nice one.

Heather doesn't look too pleased........I bet she was thinking "Tht's about right we're working away while you take the photo's". :mrgreen:

Sorry bro, we'll have to make sure you don't park too close to mine, yours is far too finished now :roll:

See you tomorrow.

Jon

Thats why the lack of photos as generally to busy working on the Bus :?. Bus is looking really nice, so obviously wouldnt park to close, might catch some of that rust :p :p .

See you at Bustypes, cant wait.

Looks good- I am craving that air cooled VW feeling- Alas, another summer for me driving a peugeot and doing what the missus tells me to :lol: - probably changing nappies!!! Have a good weekend all!

nags WolVeK said:
Have you had the baby yet if so congrats, How is the Ghia going?

About another three weeks of sleep- (fingers crossed) and then I am expecting all hell to break loose! especially if he takes after his mum!!!

Ghia is slow at the mo but i am going to rope your bro in as soon as I can to work some of his magic! fuelled by strongbow!!

Well done with the pics Dave at least you managed to get Moose in there as well :) have a good weekend don't forget your wellies I think all this rain will make the ground rather "soft" see you all on Sunday :D

Latest posts