71 tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdaz

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this site but have been around Vw vans and forums for a while and have owned my 74 Devon late bay since 1989. Having nearly finished the Devon i have been looking for an Early bay tintop to restore.
I found this at Volksworld.
IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

From what i can see its fairly solid with just the usual arches and corners to do, the gutter are good and all the seats and trims are original and in good condition, also the headlining is in very good condition.
Bringing it home today so will know more soon,

Will keep you posted. :D

No sorry im not in any of the photos,
Had a chance the have a better look over the weekend and everything looks pretty good.
these are the main problems
usual drivers jacking point/wheel arch hole
IMG_0141.jpg

Previous owners wifes car parking damage
IMG_0146.jpg

passenger side cab step
IMG_0154.jpg

both rear corners
IMG_0163.jpg

windscreen surround
IMG_0142.jpg

Hello and welcome! :D

Always nice to see another Danbury, and I look forward to following the restoration.

I'd love to see some interior shots, when you get a chance please. :)

hi Doug The interior is a bit of a mish mash,
IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

i have one of the moveable seats that is not fixed to anything, the full width bed has a couple of ply boards stowed behind, the overhead locked is ok but the wardrobe has been knocked out of mdf and there is a dormobile drawer unit over the engine.
i will try and find whats missing.
might for now put a full width rock and roll in it so i can camp in it whilst i find the bits i need.

Thanks for putting up those pics Bigdaz. I always love seeing other Danbury interiors! 8)

Yep, I see what you mean about those non-Danbury items that have been added! I can spot an original Danbury cushion on the engine deck though. :D

Made good progress recently
IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

just cab floor and step on drivers side and windscreen surround before sanding for paint.

Its been a manic last few weeks but the good weather and long night have helped
Were almost there now.
P200401_29-07-10.jpg

P200501_29-07-10.jpg

P2004_29-07-10.jpg

going for the Mot tomorrow

Just got to sort the rear bumper and interior now.

Wow what a transformation, and done so quickly!

I'm glad you've kept the same, or similar blue, and the white roof looks fab too! 8)

Top marks! :D

Oh and Surf, you mean '71 and '72 Danbury tintops rule, don't you! ;) :lol:

Latest posts