71 Westy Cal import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
panchocrossover said:
Joval said:
Should be a few there, just a handful I reckon. Are you on Eircooled?

No ive never been on, I must check it out! Would be on type2ireland and nboc! Bus lookin awesome btw!

Eircooled is a great wee site, much friendlier than t2i IMHO

Two splines down, and registered at last thanks to platemyride.com for the plate. ('71 Cork reg) :mrgreen:

DSC00480.jpg

Cheers. :mrgreen:

Do it. Notch the plates, remove the bump stops and fit good quality front shocks on there. :wink:

165/65 and 205/70 - the wheels and tyres were kept from a Cal-look oval I was building but sold off when lost my garage.

nice job justin,

are you geting any scrubbage on your exhaust? i have an A1 muffler but im scared to fit it as it looks soo pretty and shiney, i want your stance but will go a sidewinder if theres not enough clearance for the A1.

Haven't noticed any, we have huge speed ramps on our road too - 12 just to pop to the shop.

Not sure what muffler I have, it's like a mondo but is angled slightly up and fits better.

so whats the red 9 kit like? how much dropped is it? is that all fitted to a stock beam?

awesome bus 8)

Hey Robb, me again :lol:

Butty (VZi) 20mm adapters. :mrgreen:

Robb said:
so whats the red 9 kit like? how much dropped is it? is that all fitted to a stock beam?

awesome bus 8)

Sorry, just spotted this post. Cheers.-

Kit is excellent, I have given it a good 500 miles now a lot of which were on Irish back roads and the bus drives great,
it can bounce a little out of the biggest potholes but I haven't really played with the damper settings so maybe that can be sorted.

It is a shade higher than the lowest setting on the 4" kit, so maybe 3.75" - but I'm not convinced, it looks lower to me...maybe I have the 5.5" kit...

Stock beam. :wink:

thanks dude, gonna order some adaptors with him :)

great price too!

how much clearance do you have on the back with the 5.5 fuch?

Robb said:
thanks dude, gonna order some adaptors with him :)

great price too!

how much clearance do you have on the back with the 5.5 fuch?

the red 9 adapters are pretty thin i think?

I have a 3' aluminium pry bar which goes where the bump plate is for leverage, helps if you have someone to put a foot on it
but I have done it on my own too. Shocks disconnected.

I wouldn't want to do it regularly but I've had the wheels off a few times and it's no big deal -
anyway haven't had a puncture on any of my cars in years. :mrgreen:

Clearance between the tyre and arch is around 10-15mm

EDIT: that was at one spline, clearance is a little more (20mm) on two splines because of the camber.

AFAIK Butty can shave the adapters down a little, Shane R had his down to 15mm IIRC ;)

Latest posts