71 Westy Cal import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joval,

any updates? can you post a pic of the rear spring plates when you get chance?

be great to see how much you notched them by for reference :) and also what rear shocks do you run?

No updates, I'll I've done is drive it. :mrgreen:

Plates were notched around 12mm, but mark and measure at least twice to get the profile right.
Make sure there are no angles - round everything off to prevent cracks forming.

Mine before rounding off and tidying-

DSC00474.jpg

Couple of pics submitted for our club (Eircooled) calendar -

Picture058.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Oh and the rear shocks are standard length HD bay front shocks. ;)

Hi ya Joval Those are real Fuch Yes ?? Also re the Westy interior its a European spec interior and that s why it has the full height cupboard and the cooker US spec ones didnt have a cooker as the USA laws prevented it , Ive got a Euro spec in the Gadget Bus and its great really comfy :wink:

Get sum more shots up of the bus also Are you gunna fit a rear bumper Bit exposed like ??

Gadget Boy said:
Hi ya Joval Those are real Fuch Yes ?? Also re the Westy interior its a European spec interior and that s why it has the full height cupboard and the cooker US spec ones didnt have a cooker as the USA laws prevented it , Ive got a Euro spec in the Gadget Bus and its great really comfy :wink:

Get sum more shots up of the bus also Are you gunna fit a rear bumper Bit exposed like ??

I was told it started out in Germany before being shipped to California, if it was originally US I think it would have had a blue and yellow reg,
and not the '90s 'lipstick' plate it came with.

As Rob says - Flat4s. ;)

No new pics, it was my daily for the last couple of weeks - great fun on the ice. :p

4f5a504d.jpg

Got your own thread reader's ride now Jay? :mrgreen:

hey joval,

with your bus down 2 splines at the back, did you need to notch the chassis? how much clearance do you have if not, between the axle and chassis?

im having mine lowered next week, just wanna know how far i need to go with it all :)

thanks

I didn't, just the plates.
Not sure exactly how much clearance but the roads around here can be very unforgiving and I haven't had a problem yet.

Latest posts