71 Westy tintop Update 29th October Going to Auction

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great pics by the way the pedal rubbers go under the floor so when you press pedals the rubber goes down when you release it seals the hole lol

Did you buy a sound deadening kit or just picked up what you wanted.
Cheers
Sam

20140611_192122_zpsg2raidgj.jpg

Did you deliberately line the screwheads up? ;)
Loving the details - coming together beautifully!

privatejobs said:
great pics by the way the pedal rubbers go under the floor so when you press pedals the rubber goes down when you release it seals the hole lol

Yeah i was to busy concentrating on getting the foam pads straight to notice i hadnt done them :roll:

*Sam* said:
Cheers
Sam

I bought the egg box roof from noisekiller in Oldham, but the rest is Armaflex sheets available on ebay but i got them from a local air conditioning parts supplier as i'm in the trade

The sheets inside are 25mm thick and in engine bay are 19mm and are 2000mm x 500mm

3 sheets of 25mm and 1 sheet of 19mm

rallye dale said:
*Sam* said:
Cheers
Sam

I bought the egg box roof from noisekiller in Oldham, but the rest is Armaflex sheets available on ebay but i got them from a local air conditioning parts supplier as i'm in the trade

The sheets inside are 25mm thick and in engine bay are 19mm and are 2000mm x 500mm

3 sheets of 25mm and 1 sheet of 19mm[/
quote]
Cheers mate I will look into getting some.

Sam

Only a few photo's, thought i'd taken more :roll:

Finished the roof off

Table thingy on !

Tidied the wiring up and cable tied it all up

Got the mirrors sorted, these are stainless ones from C&C , as others have found the threads on the arms are not long enough and pretty poor quality, so bought some NOS nuts and threads from the samba and used my original nuts and springs off the bottom of the mirrors

Looking at Wolfsburg West ones on sunday at camperjam they looked a lot better than these

Painted the dash top satin black and put the vin back on

Ordered a full Westfalia ply kit from Rackhams, so far it looks good, only took 2 pieces out so far and put 1 up

:D
Looking very good Dale. Egg box stuff looks good too.
I'm very envious of your nice shiny louvred windows.

So last saturday it was MOT time :D

After just over 3 years and loads of money later :(

This was also my first ever drive in the bus, well any bus, i was absolutely made up with how it drove :mrgreen:

At home all cleaned and ready to go

And then approx 3 miles down the road

And inside, i was so nervous

And the result

:party0041: :party0041: :party0041: :party0041: :party0041: :party0041:

Sent the docs off to DVLA so hopefully soon i will get my registration and road tax

Latest posts