72 Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadbadge

Reaction score
8) Hello everyone, this is a great site am new to this one registered not longa ago and her are a cfew piccies of my bus she's a 72, 1700 Danbury conversion which found me at a local classic car show in Folkestone just over 18 months ago and I paid £1700 for. She was a bit grotty on the lower parts although solid in the gutters and around the windows etc.

She's had new arches all round, the sills, lower rear corners replaced with some chassis work, off side belly pan replaced and new rear arch seat belt mounts

I have temporarily sprayed her in VW Sierra yellow and plan to respray her some time this year (depending on house move). I have had the engine oil seals replaced (by Brian Terry at Volksfarmers in Elham, kent, 01303 840241. This guy is amazing what he can't do isn't worth mentioning, he also did the majority of my welding, is very trustworthy and honest, very rare), the tinware was also rplaced where neccessary and stripped fettled and painted and whilst the engine was out I resprayed the engine bay. She has a strong engine and is my Daily driver.

The rear part of the interior is untouched at the moment although I plan to build a wardrobe at the rear offside and will line the pop top with thin ply at some point and gradually do bits and bobs as funds allow

In the front I have rebuilt the drivers seat using the back of another and recovered both in TMI covers, I have remade the kick panels and covered them in cartoons from newspapers which was great as it was free.

My little lad loves going out in the bus, he is only 18 months old and everytime we get in he always wants to sit in the drivers seat and make car noises it's fantastic, he also does it in my bug trouble is he really creates when I have to get him out.

Hope you like her she's a work in progress and I just love driving her.

All the best

Chris 8)

Sweet lookin bus :)
Loving the 'toons on the kick panels - very imaginative 8)

Very very nice!

You can't go far wrong with a 72 Danbury.... and I should know :wink:

Looks like you have the removable sink too! I spent years looking for one of those...... then gave up and bought shares in wet-wipes and paper plates instead :lol:

Top purchase and at a great price I'd say.

Dan

Thanks everyone

And to think I nearly had to sell here recently, sooooo glad I didn't in the end. The interior is quite pleasing to use too, the sink is great it's the stainless steel one, although I have to try to get the tap working.

Gonna invest in one of those hammocks that cross the front seats from JK for my little lad so we can head off to Devon this summer.

All the best

Chris 8)

Looking good. My 72 devon was originally in Sierra yellow (can tell by the inside of engine bay), now in chianti red- good to see how he looked back in the day! What you gonna do colourwise long term? And, of course, welcome.

Thank you

I did toy with a colour change, but then thought I would stick with the same sort of colour and so had some mixed up (sprayed all the engine bay now so will have to anyway), I would also like to lower her a bit and stick some nice wheels like some slot mags or something similar. It all depends on funds of course.

All the best

Chris 8)

Latest posts